Part 38

Hours later Shashank's sleep broke first... He slowly rolled Juhi down who was sleeping peacefully over him with her head on his chest and covered her with the comforter..
Putting on his T-shirt he slowly made his way out of the room... He checked the time on his phone.. it showed 2330 hrs.. and there was two missed calls from Anjali ..
He dialled back Anjali's number...
On the second ring she answered..
"Hello dad... where were you.. I've been trying to call you since an hour and you weren't responding.. I called Dr Juhi's number even she wasn't responding... Is everything alright..." she spoke in one breath
"Anjali relax... breathe normally ... he chuckled
" I'm sorry we were out for a walk and the cellphones were left back at the guest house.."  he lied
" I was so worried dad... Dr Juhi out of the blue left to meet you despite the on going conference and she hadn't called after reaching... What's going on.. dad.." She asked
Taking in a deep breathe he replied.. "Everything is fine Anjali.. We both are returning back tomorrow to Pune.. We will talk once I'm there... okay .."
"You guys are scaring me dad... first Dr Juhi and now you..." she complained
"Where is Dr Juhi .." she asked
"She has already slept Anjali...and you please relax Anjali... it's going to be midnight... you must go to sleep.."
" I'm not at all convinced dad... I ll see you tomorrow.. love you dad.. good night.."
"Love you too beta... Good night.."
Hanging up the call he realised it's too late to call the caretaker of the guest house for dinner..
So he decided to prepare something light for the both of them .. so he walked into the kitchen..
" Bread toast and Spanish omelette it is..." he said to himself

After 20 minutes the table was set for dinner..
He walked back into the room to wake her up..
She was sleeping peacefully .. all he could hear was her soft snore... Leaning over her he called her " Hey Juhi ..wake up .."
She moaned feeling cold.. " Let me sleep for some more time please... she pleaded
" You have the whole night to sleep.. but first come eat dinner..." he said
It slowly dawned on her that it is still night... she slowly opened her eyes and saw him smiling at her... " I slept so well .." she said
He smiled at her and said.. " Come lets have dinner and then you can get back to your sleep..."
Juhi realised her naked state.. " I have to put on my clothes..." she said
"Please do ..." he said and continued to stand at the bedside..
Juhi blushed ... How could she change in front of him she thought ...
It took him few seconds to notice her hesitation...
" Like I haven't seen you .. Juhi..
Fine I'll wait outside for you..." he said with a mischievous grin and walked out closing the door behind him..
Juhi blushed covering her face with both her hands ..

Five minutes later Juhi walked into the dining room tying her hair into a bun wearing a nightie... She sat beside him on the chair..
"I'm sorry this is all I could make for dinner .." he said
" This is perfectly fine .. she smiled
Both kept stealing glances at each other while eating dinner and having random conversation..
While munching on her toast she noticed something on Shashank's neck.. She ran her finger to check what had happened...
It took half a minute to dawn on her that it was a love bite.... She flushed..
Shashank who was unaware of it asked her what was it... She refused to answer...
He then picked up his phone and put on his front camera to check what was wrong and clicked a pic..
"Ohhhhhh..." he sighed
A love bite on the right side of his neck right below his ear...
Without speaking a word he raised his brow at her and smiled... Juhi couldn't look at him in his eyes ..
The smile never left his face... And no words came out of her mouth.. she was embarrassed..
After sometime she spoke " I'm so so sorry..."
He knew she was embarrassed.. To make the situation lighter.. he held her hand in his and said.. " Hey , stop apologising... but please do lend me your foundation till this vanishes.. else everyone who sees me will begin to wonder how happening I am at this age ..." and he burst out laughing followed by Juhi ..
" On a serious note, there is no need for you to say sorry... okay.. everything is fair in love and war..." he winked
His blush and wink was something very special she thought ..
Post dinner they retired to the room.. Juhi cuddled close to him.. he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close... " You need to sleep .." he said and kissed her forehead
She placed a tender kiss on his cheek and rested her head on his chest...
Both fell asleep peacefully in each other's arms..