Part 6

Shashank knew he could not escape.. Only then did Anjali notice Juhi was also in the same room.. and she had just spilled the beans right in front of Juhi...
Tears swelled up in Juhi's eyes.. She was hurt .. she ran out of Shashank's cabin into her cabin and locked her door.. She slid down to the floor against the door and started crying ..
Her mind was frozen ..

As an hour passed by she composed herself and sat back on her chair

As an hour passed by she composed herself and sat back on her chair.. There was a knock on the door, she mouthed a feeble ' come in'..
Shashank walked inside.. She refused looking at him.. He walked opposite to her table and said " Juhi, Whatever you heard from Anjali is true.. It's my feelings for you.. But I am never asking you to reciprocate my feelings.. Please let go off what you heard.. I don't want to risk loosing our professional relationship because of this.. Yes Juhi, I have loved you since you joined as a resident.. and I still do....

Juhi never expected him to confess his feelings for her.. She was stunned.. So she asked " so is that why you offered me the post of chief of surgery??
Shashank was hurt and shocked when she said this.. He retorted saying " not at all , Juhi.. There is no personal reason behind your appointment.. You were appointed because you deserve it.... Please believe me .. "
Juhi didn't want to hear another word.. His confession was more than she could handle.. Without even looking at him, She said " Please leave Dr Shashank " ...
Shashank knew she needed time to compose herself so he walked out of her cabin without saying a word...
Anjali noticed her dad's sullen face as he walked out of Juhi's cabin and her heart sunk...

Juhi left from Sanjivani early that day.. Instead of going to her hotel room, she decided to go to the beach.. she needed some air and space..
After parking her car, Juhi walked aimlessly on the beach and seated herself on a rock.. The setting sun made her feel better.. Her thoughts went back to Shashank's words.. Here she is in a loveless marriage.. she used to yearn for romantic Novel kind of marriage.. but all her dreams crashed after marrying Rahul.. She has never been loved.. no one has made her feel special.. She is there for every one else..but there is no one for her as her own..
And this man, Dr Shashank, is selflessly in love with her.. She respects him, cares for him, admires him but does she love him ??? She had no answer to that question..
But somewhere she felt good realising 'Her' Dr Shashank loves her..
After sitting in the beach side for about 2 hours, Juhi decided to get back to her room..
She was still confused about her feelings but she felt good.. and the reason was unknown to her.. Does she also love him and does he deserve to know??? The question mark remained..
That night she had a contended sleep, the reason again was unknown to her...
Meanwhile , Shashank was restless.. he didn't wanted to ruin his professional relationship with Juhi... If only she heard him out completely... All he could do was let time heal..

The next morning at the breakfast table, Anjali noticed a gloomy Shashank., it was evident he hadn't slept a wink last night.. She felt helpless seeing him like that.. She kept apologising to him.. Shashank opened up his heart to his daughter finally "Anjali, it isn't your fault.. It isn't anyone's fault.. Anyone would react like the way Juhi reacted.. I just hope our professional relationship doesn't get affected.. On the personal front, only time will tell... I haven't expected anything from anyone all my life , Anjali.  So I don't want to have any hope from this relationship as well .. No matter what I will always love her.. She has a long life ahead.. and a family as well.. She has no future with me.. and I don't want to ruin her life just for my whims and fancies...I don't want to bind her in a relationship which has no future..His voice choked.. he let out a deep breath and continued.. l have lived my life, Anjali.. I'm at the sunset of my career and life.. I will continue to spend the remaining days like I ve always been doing.. " and smiled sadly..

Anjali was engulfed in sadness hearing her dad's emotional confession.. she got up from her chair and hugged him from his back tightly , tears rolling down her cheeks.. Tears welled up in Shashank's eyes as well ... Both of them stayed that way absorbing each other's pain... Shashank broke the silence saying " Anjali, it's time up for work... You go freshen up, I will get ready as well.. Anjali nodded..

**Please so leave a feedback guys so that I can work on it
Lots of love 😊