Part 34

Even before Juhi could sink in what happened, Shashank walked out of the board room... Anjali excused herself and followed him to his cabin
She barged into his cabin just when shashank was about to sit on his chair..
"Dad, is this some kind of a stupid joke .. What is with this personal reasons and one month break ... I want to know what is going on in your mind .. Now.." she yelled
Shashank remained calm... "Sit Anjali... "
"Dad I'm not her to sit.. I want answers"
"Can we please sit and talk calmly..." he said
Anjali pulled the chair and sat...
"Anjali... I know this is a shocker to you.. but I have to do this.. Ever since my Big Bang, you know how stressful life has been..... Its always been work- home cycle for me.. you know it well.. but now I have reached a point where I feel I should take a break for awhile... Plus with everything that has happened over the last fortnight... he paused... I feel I genuinely deserve a break to clear my mind... I'm clueless ... I've never been so lost before..i need to find myself back... Is that too much to ask for ???? he threw the question back at her
There was deathly silence....
Anjali calmed down now.. She knew her dad deserved a break and he was right...
Taking a deep breath she asked " so where are you going to dad..."
"First promise me you will keep your word and then I ll tell you..." he said
"Dad, what is with this promise and stuff..."
"Promise me first.." he insisted
"Okay fine... I promise I ll keep my word..
Tell me where are you off to ..."
"Anjali.. I'm going to Panchgani for few days.. I have spoken to Deepak ( his childhood friend).. I will be staying in one of his guest house.. "

After a brief pause, Anjali spoke..
"Dad, more than taking a break for yourself , aren't you actually trying to distance yourself from Dr Juhi... "
Shashank knew she was right.. he remained silent and put his head down...
Anjali got her answer..

Clearing his throat, he spoke
"About the promise, Anjali I do not want you to disclose to anyone that I am going to Panchgani.. especially Juhi..."
Anjali was stunned.. " But why so dad.." she questioned
" Anjali , no further questions.. do as I say..and as you promised...hope I'm clear on this ..."
Anjali nodded her head, still reeling from all the high voltage drama that is unfolding in front of her..

He stood up and walked towards Anjali..
"So when do you leave.. she asked
" In one hours time.. I will go home pick up my bag and leave.. I will keep in touch with you , beta.. don't worry..."
She got up and hugged him tight
" I ll miss you , dad.. she sobbed
"I ll miss you too beta... You take care of yourself.. Okay" he pecked her forehead..
"I'm sure Juhi will handle everything here..."
Anjali nodded her head
" Anjali, I'm not sure where Juhi is staying right now, since she will be around her for quite sometime till the conference is over, please request her to stay back at home with you... You will also have company... plus she will also feel home.."
" why don't you tell her yourself dad... she questioned back
" I can't Anjali.. and she won't listen to me right now..." his voice choked
After a brief pause Anjali spoke... " okay dad, I'll ask her..."
"Dad, does Dr Juhi know about all this ...."
"No... "
"I think you should talk to her once before you leave... It is not right to keep her in the dark.."
"No Anjali... Let her remain under the impression that I am still upset because of the fight.. "
"Hold on dad... Are you breaking up with her... ??
Taking in a lung full of air, he spoke "Anjali , I've realised there can't be an 'us'.... It's best for her and .... for me...
"Dad you can't do this to her.. talk to her once and sort it out..."
"I don't want to talk to Ju....
He looked up to see Juhi standing at his door...
Anjali turned back to see why he abruptly stopped .. and was shocked ..
Realising they both need to talk, Anjali spoke " I think you both should talk... excuse me .." and walked out of his cabin

Shashank went about collecting his things from the table trying to ignore Juhi's presence....
She walked in and stood across his table.. He refused to lift his head and look up at her..
"Dr. Shashank, from your conversation with Anjali, I have come to understand that you don't want 'us' to be together..
All I want to know is the reason ..."
Tears eyed she continued ... "Is it for that silly fight that you want to give up on 'us' , Dr Shashank..??
Is our love so shallow ???
" Juhi ... please.." he gestured his hand asking her to stop..
" I don't owe you any explanation, Juhi
Just forget everything that happened between us.."he said
Juhi's lost her cool... she walked towards him held him by his collar and spoke " I deserve an explanation Dr Shashank... after every damn thing we did ... How dare you tell me that you don't owe me an explanation...How dare you dump me like this..."
Shashank was taken aback by her action.. he stayed still with his head down .. he didn't have the guts to even look at her..

Getting no response from him she pushed him back...
Tears streaming down her face.. she ran out of his room...
Shashank stood lifeless... He had to do this.. he told himself
" I'm sorry Juhi.. I'm so sorry.. " he whispered
Picking up his cellphone and the car keys he walked out of his cabin...
Juhi ran to her cabin and broke down crying...
How could he do this... how could everything change in a matter of 4 days... she cried inconsolably...

Shashank went back home and picked up his luggage to leave... He had turned stone cold after everything that happened few minutes back at Sanjivani... Handing over his bag to the driver he seated behind and closed his eyes...
His eyes brimmed with tears recalling how she confronted him.. the hurt in her eyes, in her voice... hurt him
"I'm sorry Juhi... I would have fought the world for you ,, for us... but with my sickness, this is the only choice I have left... I'm not sure how much time I have left... " he choked
I have to do this for you... for your good..
He whispered a silent " I love you, Juhi... and rested his head back on the headrest and closed his eyes as the car zoomed through the outskirts of Pune...

Anjali who was passing by Juhi's cabin heard someone bawling.. She peeped into the cabin and was shocked to find Juhi leaning against the wall and crying her heart out.. she rushed in immediately and closed the door behind her...
"Dr Juhi, please get a hold of yourself..." she said placing her arm on Juhi's shoulder...
Overcome with emotions, Juhi hugged her tight and cried inconsolably.. Anjali was shocked by her action ... she was at loss of words to console her.. she let her cry knowing it would make her feel better..
After what felt like ages, Juhi broke the hug...
"Dr Juhi.. please sit down.. she offered her water to drink..
Juhi sipped water and placed the glass back on the table...
Anjali held Juhi's hand in hers and spoke... "Dr Juhi.. even I'm clueless why my dad is behaving weird suddenly... He is refusing to talk about it.... Please give him sometime... I'm sure everything will be fine.."
Juhi nodded her head... but in her mind she knew she wouldn't rest till she finds out the reason why he is giving up on both of them...
" I will not give up on us so easily, Dr Shashank... I will not rest till I find out the reason.. I know you more than you know yourself Dr Shashank... It's just a matter of time now ... "

Note:
Hello guys
An (short) update before Christmas as promised..
Will be posting the next one only after Christmas...

Wishing each and everyone a blessed Christmas

God bless you allLots of love 😊😊Merry Christmas

God bless you all
Lots of love 😊😊
Merry Christmas