Part 27

The morning was full of snuggles, cuddles, mushy talks and lot of kisses..
On the drive to Sanjivani Shashank was ecstatic about going on a movie date that evening.. Juhi chuckled at how excited he was.. Stop grinning at me Juhi .. I am going out on a movie date after ages.. he whined..
Okkkk she raised both her hands indicating she has given up teasing him..
A while later Shashank spoke up.. Juhi when are you planning to go back to Mumbai..
Juhi sighed.. I haven't thought about it.... Maybe I ll leave on Thursday.. Anjali also would be back then... she said
Shashank nodded ...
Juhi's mind was in utter chaos thinking whether to tell him about Rahul's call or not..
But looking at how excited and happy he was  she decided not to talk about it now...

On reaching Sanjivani both of them walked in together and to their respective cabins.. Shashank was all set to address the new interns today.. Juhi wished him all the best and walked to the OT.. She had two surgeries scheduled for the day...
At about 4 in the evening Juhi was back in her cabin after the surgeries .. She was wondering if he had eaten his lunch... She pulled out her phone and dialled Shashank's number.. The phone kept ringing on the other end.. There was no answer.. Guessing he must be busy she decided to wait for him in her cabin while she relaxes a bit..

Juhi closed her eyes and gradually slipped into a shallow slumber.. A while later she woke up to a knock on the door.. Come in she said smiling .. Knowing well it was Shashank on the other side of the door.. When the door opened  her body froze.... Rahul was standing at her door..,
Juhi thought she was having a nightmare.. Hi.. he said and walked inside her cabin..
Rahul ... What the hell are you doing here.. she fumed..
Juhi I will explain every single thing to you but please calm down and hear me out.. he pleaded..
I have nothing to her from you Rahul.. Please leave my cabin she screamed..
Juhi please just listen to me once.. I have been trying to call you since two days but you weren't answering my call hence I decided to come here and take you back with me..he pleaded again
Rahul.. after all that you have said and done to me I have nothing to do with you.. Just get out from her she screamed ..

Rahul was determined not to give up.. he walked towards her and got down on his knees.. Juhi I'm very very sorry.. I know I have hurt you .. I have behaved like a monster.. I have been very cruel to you.. I have humiliated you.. You have all the right to hate but please just listen to me once .. he pleaded
Rahul.. stop creating a scene.. please stand up.. Stop this drama of yours.. this is a hospital for god sake .... And if at all I ever feel i need to hear you out I will let you know when I come back.. I have lots of work and I can't walk out with you just like that... I'm not coming with you and that is final .. please leave .. she said
Juhi I'm not going anywhere without you hearing me out.. I know I have made terrible mistakes.. I know it is very difficult to forgive me but please give me a chance.. I want to rectify every single mistake I have committed .. Please give 'US' a chance.. Every body deserves a second chance and so do I ... Please Juhi.. he sobbed

Only then did Juhi lift her head and saw a shocked Shashank standing at the door with two movie tickets in his hand..  She was equally shocked with Shashank's presence in the room... Little did she know that he had walked in the moment Rahul went down on his knees and was rooted to the spot witnessing the drama unfold..

A few minutes earlier Shashank walked into Juhi's cabin without knocking.. he wanted to surprise her .. moreover he was excited that he got the tickets to the movie as planned.. As he walked in to her cabin he heard Juhi screaming at someone asking him to get out.. Furious at who was causing nuisance he barged in .. and just when he was about to call out her name he heard Juhi addressing that person as Rahul...
Shashank's leg froze at that very spot.. Shocked was an understatement.. As much as he wanted to walk out and not invade their privacy god knows what overcame him that he remained rooted to the spot.. Hearing Rahul's final confession he felt as though someone just pulled the rug under his feet..He turned pale..

Juhi immediately addressed him..  Dr Shashank.... to divert Rahul's attention..
Rahul looked back to see a shocked looking man standing at the door.. Composing himself he got up and walked towards Shashank...
Hello Dr Shashank.. he forwarded his hand saying I'm Rahul..
Shashank mechanically forwarded his hand for a shake..
It's a  pleasure to meet you Doctor.. he said
Shashank faked a smile..
Doctor can I please take my wife back home.. it's been a while and there are lot of things that need to be set right... so with your permission may I .... he trailed..
Shashank dodged looking at Juhi.. He knew one look at her and he won't be able to hold back his emotions ..He didn't trust his self control off late.
Sure Rahul.. he stammered..She's all yours .. faking another smile
Excuse me please he said and walked out of her cabin tucking the movie tickets back into his coat pocket ...
Juhi was stunned at the way Shashank reacted.. How could he let her go with this monster .. she thought.. but what right did he have to hold her back when her legally wedded husband wants her back...

 but what right did he have to hold her back when her legally wedded husband wants her back

Rahul walked back to her saying .. See Dr Shashank doesn't have any problem.. Please come back with me..
Juhi thought over .. It was better she went with Rahul else he would surely create unnecessary scenes at the hospital and moreover she didn't want Shashank to witness anymore of their drama..
She had noticed the hurt look on his face when he walked out..
Determined to set things straight with Rahul , she agreed and told Rahul she would come back with him to Mumbai...

Juhi realised she needed to pick up her luggage from Shashank's home.. She told Rahul about the same and he agreed to pick them and then leave for Mumbai.. Both of them walked to Shashank's cabin.. She knocked and entered .. Shashank stood facing the huge window in his cabin in deep thoughts with his hands tucked in his pocket ..
Dr Shashank.. she stammered
I need to pick up my luggage from home.. she said
Shashank's heart sank.. He shut his eyes tight.. After a brief silence he spoke
Sure Juhi.. Shambhu is at home.. You can pick it up .... he spoke without even turning back  and looking at her..
He knew if he looks at her he would break down for sure.. which he couldn't afford to do right now..
And all Juhi wanted was to have a glimpse of his face...
There was deafening silence..
Rahul who was standing near the door inside the cabin remained unaware of what was happening cause he was too busy scrolling his phone replying to an important office email..

Good bye Dr Juhi.. Shashank said
That hurt her even more and she walked out of his cabin with tears rolling down her face.......

Hey guys
Please do not forget to leave your valuable feedback's
Lots of love 😊