Part 45

Beads of sweat formed on Juhi's forehead..
Why did Shashank react the way he just did... she wondered.. Also she was taken by surprise since he knew for what those tablets were taken for... It showed a tiny glimpse of hope that he would recover gradually and soon..

Both settled on their respective beds in their respective rooms... while Shashank was once again confused by his behaviour and at the same time angry that he just isn't able to recollect anything although every thing looks familiar..., Juhi on the other side hoped 'her' Shashank would be back very soon...

The next morning Shashank was at the breakfast table sipping on his coffee and reading the newspaper.. Juhi walked down dressed to leave for the hospital... Wishing him Good morning she settled herself on the chair to his right...
Serving him breakfast she enquired about Anjali...
" Anjali left early since she has a surgery scheduled this morning..." he said
"Ohhh..." she exclaimed
There was an uncanny silence that followed
A few minutes later Shashank cleared his throat drawing Juhi's attention...
". Dr Juhi, I'm sorry because of me , I mean because of my treatment you had to stress yourself through the surgery... when actually you should have been with your family , your husband at this point of time ...." his voice trailed
" Now that I'm making a positive recovery , I think you should get back to your family... I can follow up with the other doctors at Sanjivani if need arises in your absence " his eyes locked with hers...
There was an eerie silence that followed..
Words failed to come out of her mouth...
Nodding her head slightly, she excused herself to leave her plate in the kitchen... Shashank's eyes followed her ..
A minute later she was back at the table to pick up her bag which was lying on the chair next to hers...
Avoiding making an eye contact with him, she spoke " Dr Shashank, I haven't disclosed the news of being pregnant to anyone here at the hospital.. not even Anjali..." her tone conveying the exact message...
" I understand... " he replied
" Dr Shashank, your radiotherapy session is scheduled for 3pm today.. I will see you at the hospital..." she said and walked towards the door
" Have a good day , Dr Juhi..." he said
" You always called me Juhi.. and not Dr Juhi.. , Dr Shashank...." she smiled faintly ... "You take care... and call me if you need something..." she said and closed the door behind her ..

On her way to the hospital Juhi was lost in deep thoughts... While Shashank wanted Juhi to get back to her family, little did he know he was her family, he was her everything...
Moreover she didn't have a home to go back too... She hadn't heard from Rahul after she left home that day.. She was sure he wasn't going to spare her for what she did but she was prepared to face him and his challenges cause it was worth the fight , for her..

It was just another regular day for Juhi at the hospital... Despite having a busy schedule her thoughts went back to her man... he actually never left her mind...
At 1 pm after much hesitation she dialled his number... On the fourth ring, he answered the call...
" Dr Shashank, Juhi here..."
" Yes.. Juhi..." he replied
She gasped hearing him call her name ...
" How are you.... " she stammered
" I'm good, Juhi... I was just having lunch.. will leave for the hospital in sometime... " he replied
" Okay..." she said
There was a brief silence that followed..
" Is there anything else you want to tell or ask me, Juhi.." he asked
" Oh no there is nothing Dr Shashank.. I will see you at the hospital soon.." she said and disconnected the call
Covering her face with both her palms she failed to understand her desperation...
while Shashank was reaffirmed by every single incident between him and Juhi that there was more to it than that meets the eye ...

As scheduled Shashank underwent a round of radiotherapy.. Juhi personally monitored him along with the radiologist.. After the radiotherapy session, Juhi and Shashank were seated in her cabin... She had ordered coffee for both of them... After making sure he had his coffee and was feeling fine, she called Shashank's driver to drop him back home..
" If you are done for the day, why don't you come back with me ..." Shashank asked
taking her by surprise,..
" I would love to Dr Shashank, but I have a surgery scheduled in another 15 minutes time... " she smiled
" I ll see you at home..." she said and bid him bye as the driver accompanied Shashank to the car..