Part 14

Shashank rushed to Juhi's side .. Upon seeing him Juhi hugged him and started crying loudly., Shashank was shocked and numb to react.. His hands were frozen., This is the first time she was in his arms.. He followed his heart and slowly embraced her and comforted her.. He told her to stop crying first.. still embracing her in seated position..
After a couple of minutes she calmed down a bit... he made her look at him and asked her if she trust's him.. Juhi nodded her head without a second thought.. He told her he will sort out whatever her issue is, the next morning but right now she needs to sleep this of.. 
Juhi closed her eyes tight and said " I'm scared to sleep alone.. "

Shashank sighed.. Left with no choice he told her " you can sleep in my room, Juhi..
He took her hand and led her to his room.. As they entered his room, Shashank told her to sleep on his bed.. He told her he will lie down on the couch which was on the other side of the bed.. Juhi looked at the 2 seater couch and realised how uncomfortable it would be for this 5'10" man to sleep on it....
She knew he trusted her more than he trusts himself.. and she trusted him as well ..
She looked at Shashank who went to the other side of the bed to pick up his pillow, and said " You can sleep on the bed itself.. I trust you more than I trust myself , sir.. plus I'm scared to sleep alone.. please .....

Shashank was shocked to hear that.. He asked her if she was sure.. and again made her understand that he is in the same room and he is fine sleeping on the couch.. but Juhi insisted he sleeps on the bed... Left with no choice once again Shashank had to oblige.. Both of them lay on the bed . Their backs facing each other..

Juhi kept sobbing quietly .. Shashank could hear her, he wanted to hold her tight and comfort her to sleep, but how could he.. what right does he have to do so.. those thoughts left him teary eyed.. He knew the night was going to be long and hard..
Shashank shut his eyes and fell asleep gradually.. He didn't realise how long since he went into deep slumber, when he was woken up by cries beside him.. He cursed himself for falling asleep and turned towards Juhi who was sobbing continuously.. In the darkness all he could see was her petite frame facing her back towards him.. He realised he had to get her back on track ....

He slowly held her shoulder and made her turn and face him.. The sight of her vulnerable state killed him..
Juhi,Kya hua..?? Kyu itna ro rhi ho??
Apne aap ko sambhalo please..!!!
Saying this he wiped her tears.. That was the last straw to be pulled.. Juhi without a second thought or any inhibition hugged him tight , hovering and placing her head over his chest and burst out crying loudly.. Shocked was an understatement what Shashank felt at that moment.. His hands stiffened.. For the second time, he let his heart rule over his mind and  gently held her in a protective hug against him.. One hand held her securely around her shoulder and the other over her head comforting her to stop crying.. He was at loss of words to console her.. He was shaken by her sudden outburst and their close proximity.. All he could say was "everything will be alright , Juhi.. .."

After sometime her sobs gradually sobered down but she held him tightly in the same position like her life depended on him

After sometime her sobs gradually sobered down but she held him tightly in the same position like her life depended on him.. The sound of his heartbeat calmed her down and she slowly slipped into slumber..
For a moment Shashank felt his world to be perfect.. The love of his life in his arms.. and everything felt contented and beautiful..
His happiness last few seconds when the harsh reality dawned upon him that she can never be his.. He sighed deeply and decided to just live for the moment..
Both of them slipped into deep slumber , when in the heat of the night , Shashank woke up with a jolt .....

Please do leave a comment/ feedback
Lots of love 😊