Part 21

Time stood still as these two souls deeply in love with each other, stood gazing at the dark blue sky together in silence..
After what felt like ages, Shashank spoke out saying " Juhi, let's get inside.. it's late and also its getting cold"
Both of them walked in. Juhi was hesitant to ask if she could sleep in his room.. Shashank understood her dilemma .. He knew she was still vulnerable...And even before she hesitantly tried to ask him, he called out to her and said.. "Juhi , you can sleep in my room.. There is no problem" .. and gave a warm smile..

Shashank sat on his side of the bed, head resting against the headboard.. Juhi climbed on the other side of the bed.. Much to his surprise she settled herself beside Shashank.. She curled both her legs together and tucked her arm into his and rested her head on the nook of his arm..
Shashank was stunned but chose to keep quiet.. There was no awkwardness between them ..He then rested his head over her head as he kept surfing the tv ....

After few moments of comfortable silence. Shashank started the conversation "Juhi, you know everything about me, you care for me.. all this feels good but you haven't told me anything about yourself.. anything about Rahul.. You seem to have locked up everything within yourself.. Tell me Juhi.. why were you so broken and vulnerable last night.. I definitely want to know what broke you down so much...

Juhi remained quiet .. She took his hand into hers and entwined her fingers.. She tucked herself closer to his chest breathing his fragrance.. Looking at their entwined fingers, for a moment she felt like her life was entwined  with his, with a promise that she need not face the world alone... In those arm she felt home..

Gathering courage she spoke up " My marriage with Rahul was fixed by my parents.. Little did I know it would turn out to be a biggest disaster of my life.. On the very first day of our marriage, he laid down his ' so- called term and conditions" of this marriage..
He clearly told me that only because of the pressure from his family that he agreed to marry me.. And that this marriage meant nothing to him.. He clearly stated that both of us shouldn't interfere in each other's life.. and also told me not to have any expectations from this marriage..
I felt like I was struck by a thunder that moment.. because like every other woman I expected a normal and a happy married life.. but my fate had different plans..
We began to live like two strangers under a single roof.. There were many days where we hardly saw each other or even had a conversation.. I didn't exist for him.. Gradually I got used to that life.. I drowned myself in work., Stopped visiting my parents frequently to avoid questions about Rahul and me.. I had finally accepted my fate and played along without a fight.. "

I'm so sorry Juhi.. Shashank spoke out and gently placed a kiss in her hair..

Juhi continued " But my life took a U-turn when I came back to Sanjivani for your surgery

Juhi continued " But my life took a U-turn when I came back to Sanjivani for your surgery.. I began to feel alive..  I began to feel good.. I felt at peace around you.. Hence I decided to accept the post of chief of surgery..
Your confession shook my whole existence, Dr Shashank.. My mind was not able to accept that "my" Dr Shashank whom I worshipped was in love with me.. Gradually it dawned on me that I too can be loved and in return you deserved to be loved much more... I realised you and I deserved to be loved the right way, and for all the right reasons .. So here I am in your arms.. she said and looked up into his eyes, teary eyed with a smile on her face..

Overwhelmed by her emotional confession, Shashank bent his head down and placed a soft tender kiss on her forehead.. A kiss reassuring her that he adores her and respects her and loves her and will do everything to make her happy. A comfortable silence followed later....

" But what happened last evening, Juhi" he asked..
Tears started rolling down her eyes.. She clutched his t-shirt tight with the other hand and took in a deep breath.. She narrated everything that happened last evening and broke down crying..
Shashank was at complete loss of words.. he felt his heart crushing hearing what she went through... He shuddered to imagine how she would have felt that moment...
He rubbed her back trying to console her.. as she continued to sob.. He felt an overwhelming need to comfort her and take away all her pain.. Setting aside all the inhibitions he had , he held her face with both his hands and kissed her on her lips...

Juhi remained passive to this sudden sensation

Juhi remained passive to this sudden sensation.. He kiss was long, warm, yet gentle .. his kiss was loving and comforting in ways that words would never be ..it ignited a fire within her..
He then bent back her head across his arm, his other hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. He kissed her, softly at first, and then with a swift gradation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world.
His insistent mouth was parting her shaking lips, sending wild tremors along her nerves, evoking from her sensations she had never known she was capable of feeling....
And before a swimming giddiness spun her round and round, she knew that she was kissing him back with the same passion and intensity.....
He kissed her and the world fell away...
They broke their kiss for the need of air.. Their eyes locked.. There was no awkwardness, no inhibitions, no fear, no pain.. there was only love..
Cupping her face , Shashank pressed a tender kiss on her forehead and said " I love you, Juhi
I promise to be there when you need me ..
I promise to hug you tight when you are lonely..
I promise to keep you, not for the rest of my life
But for the rest of yours , because you are my everything..   Juhi, All that you are is all that I ever need.. I will always love you.. and took her for a passionate kiss again..
This time the kiss was reassuring , intimate and passionate.....

Pl do leave your feedback, guys
This one is close to my heart ....
Lots of love 😊