Scared of me

Bakugou POV:

Me and Ryan have been avoiding each other since.
He'd give me a quick look, but turn his head quickly. The weird thing was, it wasn't a glare.

I expected Ryan to ditch me after standing up for Kirishima, but he's been acting strange and seems to be... thinking. Unexpected.

The final bell rang and I bolted out of my seat, chasing Kirishima who always manages to escape school quickly.

I caught him halfway down his street.

"H-hey! Hey. Uhm. Hi." I said awkwardly.
Good fucking start.

He kept walking. Ouch. Cold shoulder.

I ran in front of him and started walking backwards, facing him. He stared right through me.

"Yo. Hey? You... You there?"

I tapped his forehead. He blinked a couple times before slowly coming back to reality.
Once I got into focus, he jumped.

He put his hand on his heart, sighing.
I musta really scared him...

"Uh..." how do I put this into words???

'I know how I made fun of you yesterday, threatened you and called you pathetic, but you wanna come to dinner?'

"I...." I have to say something.

Meanwhile he was staring up at me, wordless, and seemed to be breathing ....really... slow?

"So like, about yesterday...." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"I said some fucked up shit I didn't mean. I said things that weren't true and that was really unfair on you, especially after all that happe-"

He cut my off. By placing his hand on my outstretched arm.
My heart started beating faster.

He bowed.

"I'm sorry." Kirishima whispered.

....what?

"What... what do you mean...?"

"You lost all your friends. And now you're just like me. I am pathetic. And you can beat me up if you want. It's my fault. Thank you, thank you for telling the truth."

My head started spinning. What? Why? Why, when I was the one who did this to him? Why? Why?

"I don't understand.." I stuttered. Me? Bakugou Katsuki? Stuttering? "I did all that stuff to you? Your saying sorry and thanking me?" I don't....

"Yes. You protected me that day. You took me to you house and fed me and fixed my face. And I repay you by making you lonely and sad.
I can say it again, if you like. You can beat me up."

His hands trailed to mine. He gently curled my hands into a fist and placed it in front of his face.

"Woah, woah! I'm not doing that! That's not why I'm here."

"Please."

"....what?"

"Please. You should be mad. Angry. Like yesterday. I was selfish. Please. You can hurt me. I don't mind."

I felt sick. He seemed so used to this.

"No, no! That's not why I'm here! I was wrong! I said the stupid shit, none of if was true! I really upset my mom yesterday, after I told her what I did. She was right! It's not your fault." Why was I trying so hard?

He took my hand again, not listening. He brought it to his cheek.

"Stop. Listen," I said pulling my hand away again. "I want to ask you to dinner, because of what I did yesterday. I need to apologise properly and make up for the shit I did."