13

(A/N: sorry for the short chapter! The one tomorrow will be extra long! 🙇

Kirishima POV:

"Uh.... fuck. I think it's this way..." Bakugou mumbled.

"No, wait." He stopped dead in his tracks.

"SON OF A BITCH WE'RE BACK AT THE START!" I jumped back. That caught me off guard.

"I was sure it was this way! Google maps can go fuck itself!" Where were we going anyway? He just told his mom we were leaving and brought me with him. Are we even allowed to be here? It's just an empty field.

"Where are we going?" I said quietly.

My head hurts..

"There was s'post to be a fucking lake somewhere around here. I came here with my parents when I was younger and forgot exactly where it was. And now google is being a bitch and I wanna fucking strangle someone!"  He screamed.

Lake? Why?

"I'm sick of this bullshit. I wanna sleep." Bakugou groaned. I nodded in agreement.

I still don't know why I'm here. I don't know why he thinks I deserve this.
How could I do this? Come into their house, force them to make dinner for me, put up with my shit. I should apologise. He lost all his friends. It's my fault.

My hands made there way around my throat automatically. I held my breath and and felt bubbles of air leaks from my mouth.

It got darker.

Darker.

A stormy ocean. My punishment.

It should be worse.

My lungs hurt.

It feels good.

My head felt like it was going to burst being dragged this far under this quickly.

'Take it away please. I need the pain. I need..'

"Guh-" was that me?

I was choking. What it Bakugou heard?

That doesn't matter.

Nothing matters now.

Let him see. He won't care anyway.

My thoughts faded. My head was numb and focuses on nothing but this feeling. My churning stomach, my tight throat, my numb brain, my burning face. It feels good. I'm doing good.

"Hey. Stop that."

A hand. Where did it come from?

"I told you not to do that. You'll hurt yourself." Bakugou's hand pulled mine away from my neck.

"It scares me." He mumbled then stopped. "Hey..... are you... breathing..?" His eyes went wide.

"Hey! You need to breath, don't hold your breath like that, you'll pass out!" Bakugou pulled me closer and laid a hand in my chest.

"Deep breath. Don't panic." Panic? I wasn't panicking? Me? Where? I-I don't see anything- why can't I see?! Where is Bakugou?! Where-?!

"I'm here. It's okay. Deep breath in. You're okay, you're right here."

I drew in a sharp breath.

No-

"Yes. That's good, keep breathing. Are you okay? Should we head back?"

"Ugh-" I made i noise I didn't recognise and hugged him.

I hugged Bakugou.

I hugged Bakugou Katsuki.

"Woah. U-uh. You... you okay?" He was tense but I snuggled my face into his chest anyway.

My breathing became normal.

He gently and awkwardly patted my hair.

I flinched and moved back.

"I-I'm sorry!"

"Yo, it's okay. What happened? It was like the other night, right? Are you sure it wasn't a panic attack?"

"No. It's ok.."

We should probably head back.

My legs wobbled. Everything came crashing back down again. Gravity is different up here.

"Careful!" He caught me before I could hit the ground.

"I'll carry you."

"No, you shouldn't do tha-"

"You think I'm weak? You think I can't carry you?" He raised his voice, obviously offended.

I let him do it. He picked my up bridal style and started walking.

"If that's something that could hurt you, you should go to the hospital. Or a therapist, if you can. Just to check."

"It's fine, it always happens."

"Then you should definitely consider seeing a professional."

I didn't reply. I'm fine.

We entered an open area past a few trees.

"You gotta be shitting me! We found the fucking lake now?!"