48

Kirishima's POV:

"Ei-chan, whadda you planing for next year, huh?"

"........."

"Nothing? You really are fucking boring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An entire new year. I wonder what will change?
What am I thinking? Nothing ever changes.

"Yo, Kiri. Watcha making that shitty face for?" Bakugou said, nudging my shoulder.

"Nothing." I smiled. Bakugou gave me a weird look.

"Well, it looks like you're thinking of something." He rolled his eyes. I shrugged.
"Whatever. Help me make popcorn." Bakugou said, helping me off of the sofa.

"Bakugou, why didn't you go with your parents to see the fireworks?" I asked, tapping in the microwave time to 2:40.

"Hm? Oh, I just wanted to spend time with you here." Bakugou said. He picked up a bowl and stood next to me.

"Why?" I asked without thinking. He gave me a curious look. "Why what?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Where is this going? Why did I say anything? I'm so stupid!

"Why do you want to hang out with me? You could have went with your parents but now you're stuck with m-"

Bakugou cut me off by grabbing my hands with his. "Don't say stupid shit. Of course I like hanging out with you." He said. Bakugou's face turned a little more serious.
"Don't be your own bully."

The words struck right through me. How do I answer? What do I say to this? I feel like crying....

Ryan and dad. I haven't been seeing them as often. Usually it would be the same thing over and over. School, home. That's it. They were always there. Since they haven't been hurting me as often, I'm taking it upon myself to hurt me.

Is it wrong?

Is it bad?

Am I doing the right thing?

Yes, that's always the answer.
My wrists are hurting more that ever. If no one can be mean to me, I'll be mean to myself. I need it. I need to feel it. I need to feel it so bad.

Things are swirling around in my head. Like a stormy ocean. Being pulled upward with an overwhelming feeling I'm too stupid to comprehend then being forced back down by myself and everything else.

I don't... I don't know anything anymore, do I?

Those words leaked out of my head and through my mouth.

"I don't... I don't know anything anymore,
do I?"

Bakugou looked confused. "Not know anything? What are you talking about? Are you okay? Do you need to talk?" He squeezed my hand and guided me back to the living room.

"Things are different now. I don't know how to adjust..." I mumbled.

No, no! Don't say anything, don't tell him anything! He can't know!

"Not used the things? Kiri, that's fine. Things like this need time for you to be able to get used to them. It's not like you need to know everything now." His knuckles gently glided down the side of my cheek. I leaned into his touch, unable to stop myself.

Will things be okay with time...? No... that's not how things work for me...

"I know, Kirishima. You've been bullied for so long. I know that sometimes you find things difficult. I do too. It's gunna be alright... you know why?" He smiled.

I shook my head and looked at him intently, waiting for an answer.

"Because I'm Bakugou Katsuki. 'N I never fail at anything, ya hear?" He ruffled my hair.

Suddenly, things felt alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Schools tomorrow, huh? I didn't do the essay so I'm fucking screwed." Bakugou chuckled, probably to hide his fear. That teacher has always been scary.

"You can copy mine if you want." I suggested.

"How did you get time to do that?! And no, the teacher would notice a sudden advance in my grades." Bakugou flopped onto the bed, kicking his legs.

"I can help you write yours now?" I said, trying my best to help him.

"Nahhh, 'M lazy... plus I don't give a shit about that idiot teacher. He probably won't even notice." He groaned.

I smiled and payed next to him. "You're human get in trouble."

"Whatever. Maybe I can piss off the teacher so he'll quit his job. Now that a think of it it doesn't seem like a bad idea..." he brought his hand up to his chin with a sneaky grin.

I hit his arm playfully. "No way, you'll get expelled for that." I giggled.

"Good. Don't wanna be in that shitty school anyway." He smirked, knowing that would annoy me.

"Nooooo..." I whined while laughing.

"Don't be a baby. Now go to sleep it's late." He said, tapping my nose.

Usually, I don't sleep. But with Bakugou... it feels nice. I feel safe.

~morning~

"C'moooon. Kiri, What are you doing that's taking so long?" Bakugou groaned, walking back upstairs.

"Just tying my laces..." I mumbled, confused at
why the knot didn't look right.

"What the fuck are you doing to your shoes?" Bakugou laughed.

"No, I got it.." I mumbled. Bakugou wished me luck and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

After multiple failed attempts, I just stuffed my laces into the sides of my shoes and decided that was good enough.

"You ready?" He asked, talking my hand.

"Yes!" We walked hand-in-hand all the way to school.

Bakugou looked around nervously, probably looking for Ryan.

He spotted him almost immediately, and took me to the back of the school to the Sakura tree, where we usually sit.

"This is relaxing. Just me, you, and no one else to disturb us-" Bakugou was cut off by someone yelling.

"Oi! What are you doing! This is our spot!"

[Authors Notes!]
Yo! Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! Sorry for the break, but I'm back now and will be back on track with updates! Also sorry for posting so late!
Super busy! But I promise it will be early tomorrow! See you then💖!