55

Bakugou's POV:

Me and Kiri walked hand-in-hand all the way. Though he seemed reluctant, Kirishima didn't complain. I squeezed his hand in encouragement. He gave me a smile before looking back on front of him.

Kirishima's eyes widened.

He stopped suddenly. I felt his hand get sweaty and how he clung to mine harder. "Kirishima...?"

He looked at me and smiled nervously. "Oh, haha! I forgot my book at your house! I'll run back and get it, you go ahead. I'm stupid." He laughed. My eyebrows furrowed.
"Book? Which one? I thought I checked before we left." I mumbled in confusion.

Kirishima laughed again.

This isn't normal.

"Nah, I'm just really dumb. I must have took it back out." His hand slipped out of mine.

"Don't say that. Your not stupid." I said, still trying to process things. Kirishima's smile faltered. Then he forced another onto his face.

"No, let me go check. I'll be back by lunch hour, Okay? I'll find you at the sakura tree. Wait for me, 'Kay?" He said, taking a step backwards and waving. He ran quickly in the other direction.

"....okay." I said to myself sadly.

——

Class was terrible. I stared out of the window, waiting to see Kiri. Still didn't show up.

Maybe he took the other door? That's probably it.

I didn't listen to a word of the that shit teacher.
I was completely alone with my thoughts.

Kirishima was laughing.

If he was so upset about going to school why would he...

I felt my heart beat faster. My hands held onto my pen so tightly that I heard cracking.

He laughs when he gets nervous...

I checked his bag, he has all of this things.

He was scared of something.

"I need to go to the bathroom!" I yelled, standing up. The entire class turned around and looked at me silently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
               20 MINUETS EARLIER.

Kirishima's POV:

"Hi..." I said glumly, staring at my feet. I flinched when the back of my collar was harshly pulled upwards, to see his face.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" My father spat as I trembled. I want Bakugou...

"You told me you would have the money, you told me you would have the fucking drinks, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?!" He screamed as I tried to shush him. We were right outside the school gates, between a thin hedge of bushes, so no one could see. But I was afraid they would hear.

"Don't you fucking dare shush me! You brought this on yourself! Not only that, but there is police everywhere! Can you tell me why I can't even leave my house anymore without getting questioned huh, Eijirou, huh?!"
I shook more as tears filled my eyes.
If only Bakugou hadn't insisted on going to the police..

"ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER ME OR NOT?" He yelled, slapping my face. I didn't want to have marks. But I also didn't want to defend myself. If I did, it would turn into more than just simple hits.

The more he yelled, the further I was being dragged down. Down to the murky depths of the ocean. The more I breathed, the more my lungs filled with water. The more I saw, the less I could see.