46

(TW:⚠️ abuse, homophobic slur.)
There is talk of Santa Claus in this chapter. I would advise anyone under the age of 13-14 to skip this part.

Bakugou' POV:

"Warm..." Kiri mumbled to himself as he held his hands up to the fireplace. I draped a blanket over his shoulders and sat next to him, handing him some hot-chocolate.

"Thanks..." He sighed. I noticed how Kiri looked deep in thought.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I nudged his shoulder. Kirishima looked at me, a little surprised.

"Uh, nothing really. Maybe.."

I laughed. "What's that supposed to mean? Maybe? C'mon, what's on your mind?" I encouraged him to talk. He didn't look too worried, didn't look upset or fiddle with his fingers, which meant what he was thinking about wasn't anything too bad. I noticed little details that I didn't in the beginning.

"Well, I thought I should get a Christmas preset for my dad? You got your parents things, right?" Kirishima did look nervous saying this out loud. Probably because I wasn't too happy with the idea.

"Ugh," I scoffed. "Why? He doesn't get anything for you. You don't owe him shit." Maybe it was because I had a bad experience with the guy, but I hated Kirishima's dad. Everything about him sends off red flags in my brain. Smells of alcohol, is most likely in trouble with the police, and the way he handled Kirishima seemed cold and dismissive.

Kirishima sighed. "He's a good guy, really. You just... came on a rough day. Please, can I get him something?" He started to look a little more upset.

"Don't ask permission from me. If you want to, do it. I don't own you, I'm just warning you. I don't like him." I growled the last part, but Kirishima was wearing a small smile now.

"Thanks. I'll be back in twenty minutes." He said, getting up. Going without me?

"Wait, why are you going by yourself? Why can't I come?" I said, irritated.

Kirishima turned to me, but didn't look directly into my eyes. "Because he's family. And it's Christmas. Trust me, I'll be back in less than a half hour. If I'm not, I give you permission to come and find me. How's that sound?" He smiled.

I grumbled to myself but didn't argue. "Take your phone too." I said in annoyance.

"Okay." Kirishima put my jacket on himself and walked to the door. "I'll be back soon."

"Call me if you need anything-" and with that, he's gone.

Kirishima's POV:

I walked to the nearest store and scanned through the isles. Alcohol would probably satisfy him. Maybe he'll be happy with me? Maybe he'll love me again.

I picked up the most expensive one I could find. I didn't care if I had no money afterwards. I'm desperate. I picked up another bottle, just for good measure.

"That's 17217.92 yen. ID?" The employee asked, holding out his hand. I passed it to him and he looked me up and down. "Your... 18?" His eyebrow raised.

"Yes, sir. It states on my ID." I said, trying to reassure him, my heart beating fast.

"Kids these days... do you need a bag?" He sighed, not really giving a shit. I smiled at him gratefully. "Yes, sir."

I placed the bottles in the a brown paper bag. I thanked the employee again before leaving.

I wrapped my scarf around the bag when I exited the store, to avoid any suspicion.