64

Bakugou's POV:

"Okay, I'll be back soon." My mom said, standing up and dusting herself off. I stared at her in slight anger and confusion.

"Where are you going?" I kind of knew, but I asked anyway.

"I'm just going to dive around a little and see if I can spot him. It's sunset now, and I want to make sure he's not in trouble. You stay here in case he comes back-"

"Stay here?! Are you shitting me?!" I screamed.
Who does she think she is?
Does she think I can't handle it? Bullshit. I'm not sitting here and waiting.

My mom shot me a glare. "No. If he comes back and no one is here, he'll get worried and leave again. I'm just going to take a little look. I won't even be long. So stay." She said in a stern voice. I sighed in defeat as she left.

Great, first Ei- Kirishima and then my mom.
Now I'm sitting here bored out of my mind.
It's obvious he just went home anyway, what is she getting so worked up about?

I puffed in anger and switched on the TV, hoping to distract myself. It's not like I have anything better to do.
I watched for about twenty minutes before I heard a noise.

Thump thump thump.

I jolted. Looking around, I tried to find the source of the noise.
Surprisingly, it was coming from me. I was tapping my foot against the ground anxiously.

What am I doing? It's not like I'm nervous or anything. Why do I feel so... anxious?

I shook my head and forced my foot to relax.
My mom took longer than expected. It had already been an hour since she left, and I haven't heard from her since. I knew she wouldn't come home without Kirishima.

But surprising, I beat her to it.

A soft knock at the door. I drew my eyebrows together. My mom would just walk in...

I got up and rested my hand on the handle, feeling arm shake.

Please...

Once I swung the door open, Kirishima looked up at me.
"Ah.. hi. I came here to tell you something.."

I noticed bruises and a small bit of blood on his face. I couldn't care at that moment.

"Yeah, you could have done that before you ran off without saying anything. Fucking idiot." I crossed my arms across my chest.
Kirishima looked down in shame.

"Bakugou, I really don't want to fight... I just-"

"You just ran off instead of talking. But, hey, what's so new about that?" The words that came out of my mouth were cold and harsh.
I could see it drilling into Kirishima's soul.

But I didn't stop.

"Bakugou..." his voice cracked and he looked further down. "I'm sorry."

"Will you stop with the fucking apologies? Are your trying to guilt people? That it?" I kept on, not stopping for a second.

"I just wanted to apologise.. about the other night.. and-"

I winced. Not that. Thinking about it made my face scrunch up in anger.

"Oh, yeah. I remember. I don't want to fucking hear it. You act like you like me one day, then don't the next. Your so fucking confusing! I can't understand you! This is your fault! I can't deal with your fucking problems right now, Kirishima! I don't want to hear your stupid sob stories about this and that! I don't care! So go, get out! I don't want to see you anymore!" I screamed.

Problems. I said that to him. The word make him flinch and tears well in his eyes. He smiled sadly.
Smiled.

"I guess this is goodbye..." he said, meeting my eyes. This time, I broke away. I stared at the ground in anger. Then slammed the door.

I stood in place for a second, before sighing and trailing back to the couch, still bubbling in anger.
So he just shows up now huh? Why, to make me feel guilty?

I switched the TV back on, hoping to distract myself. But I couldn't. What's with the fucking breeze?
Shivering, I realised the door was still open.

I got up, not wanting to, and dragged my heels to the door, only to realise there was something caught in the doorframe.

I picked it up and looked at it in confusion. A red box?
Opening it, I found a necklace. The matching ones me and Kiri wear. I small 'EK' engraved into the centre. But something else caught my eye. A note. Reading 'For Katsuki.' on the front.

                Thanks for taking care of me.
                                I love you.
                                                     -Eijirou.

I stared at it, not knowing how to process anything. Suddenly, it clicked.
My eyes widened.

I treated Kirishima the same way Ryan did.

"I guess this is goodbye."

Adrenaline burst through my body and I scrambled outside. Running, running to wherever comes to mind. Only knowing one word.

"Eijirou!"

[Authors Notes]
Bakugou is starting to put things together.