53

Bakugou's POV:

I woke up suddenly. I heard a noise.
Looking around my room, I couldn't find anything that seemed out of order. My eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the darkness before I shrugged and laid down.

Then that noise again.

"Kirishima?" I mumbled in confusion. Though I had adjusted to my dark room, it was still incredibly hard to see. I guided my hands around until they found him.
He was shaking.

"Kirishima?" I said again. He flinched and shook harder. It must be another nightmare.

"Hey, Kiri. Wake up. It's just a bad dream, wake up." I said louder.

"Nng." He responded with a noise. It sounded like he was struggling.
I shook him harder. "Kirishima, wake up."

He stopped suddenly and choked. Then said something unexpected.

"Ryan?" His voice was broken and he sounded like he was crying.
"Bakugou." I corrected while frowning.
"Where am I?" He said in fear.

"You're in my bed. It was just a nightmare, you can go back to sleep." I said, pulling him close to me.

Kirishima sat up quickly. "I don't wanna sleep."

"Then do you want to tell me what it was about?" I switched on the lamp next to my bed, then picked Kiri up and put him in my lap. His back was against my chest and he seemed to be coping my breathing. I wrapped my arms around him.

"No." Kirishima said. He never tells me what his dreams are about. I always thought it was about the incident, but he said Ryan.

I frowned to myself again. "It's only 3. You should probably sleep. You look so tired." I said to him, resting my chin in his head. "I'll make sure you don't have any more nightmares, okay?" I made sure to keep my voice smooth and calm.

Kirishima thought about it then slowly nodded.
I unwrapped my arms, but then Kirishima looked distressed. "No- I-I wanna..." he stuttered.

I nodded. "I got it, Kiri. I'm just helping you lay down."

He let out a deep breath and held onto me.
Though I seemed calm on the outside, there was blurry thoughts runny through my head.

I decided to speak up when it became unbearable. "Kirishima? Was your dream about Ryan?" I asked.

I didn't really expect an answer. I needed to give him space after all.

"Yeah. Kinda? I don't know." He sighed. I looked into his eyes- trying to see what he meant by that.

"Bakugou." His voice wobbled.

It was something serious.

"If I feel sad, will you go away?" I noticed how Kiri's eyes filled with tears.

"What? Of course not! I would never leave you." I said, not knowing how to convince him. He looked like he was in pain.

"Bakugou... everybody leaves me."

It seemed like something he needed to say.
Something important that I needed to know I'm greater detail.

Everyone leaves him.

"I-I don't want you to go, when you get sick of me. You're the only person who's ever hugged me. Please don't go." He sobbed.

Now I felt like crying. "I'm not going to get sick of you. Don't worry, Kirishima. I would never leave you." I whispered, feeling a lump expand in my throat.

"That's what he said, too. Please, I don't... I..."
He trailed off. Maybe this was caused by the dream he was having. If Ryan was in it, he probably said something hurtful.

"I'm not going. I won't leave you." I attempted to swallow the lump in my throat.

I just want to tell you how much I love you.

But all I could do was whisper. "It's okay" and "I'm not leaving" and "I'm here."

I want to know what happened with Ryan. I want to know what made Kirishima this way. I want to know what he thinks of when he does that thing. I want to know if he's okay.

Kirishima's helpless whimpers got quieter until they stopped. He fell asleep.

[Authors Notes!]
Ahh, I'm sorry for another short one!
I really need to fix my sleeping routine or buy more coffee!
Thanks for 7k views! It's so amazing how much people have been reading so far, and I'm grateful for every comment, vote or view! I'm so happy!💖💓