34

Bakugou's POV:

"What's up, losers?" Ryan said, smirking.

I growled at him. "Can you leave us alone for five fucking minutes? What's your fucking problem?"

He laughed. "I don't got no problem. I'm here to see you guys. What's with that face, Kirishima? You look so scared."

My heart started to beat faster. Kirishima wouldn't make eye contact with either of us.
He clutched the item in the bag that he bought for me.

"Whadda ya got there? Lemme see." Ryan chuckled, reaching out his arm.

We were in the back of the café. No one else was around.

I looked around for someone to kick him out.
But just then.

I heard a sharp smack.

"Give it." Ryan said, eyes filled with a terrible darkness.

I looked at Kirishima, who was holding his face and biting his lip. He handed the bag to Ryan.

I felt heat overcome me as I tried to stop myself from getting up and strangling him. My mind suddenly came back to me and I stood up quickly.

"How fucking dare you-!" I yelled, reaching for the bag.

"Hahaha, calm down. You're so angry, Lighten up. It was just a small smack. Helps him learn, you know?" He muttered, a smile stretching its way onto his face.

"Hey! You! At the desk!" I yelled at the guy, who was taking an order from a woman at the other side of the shop. He looked at me and gasped.

Kirishima tried to get up, but Ryan shot him a quick glare, making him flinch and sit down again.

"Break it up! What is going on here!?" The staff member asked.

"This fucker came up to us and hit my friend!" I yelled. The guy turned to Ryan. "Is this true?"

"Wow. You really are a fucking rat. Being friends with this loser really does change you." He smirked.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave. And to drop whatever you are holding." The guy said sternly.

He stopped for a second. "Alright."

Ryan dropped the bag to the ground and stomped on it. I heard a horrible cracking noise.

He picked it up and threw it at Kirishima.
"Merry Christmas!" He yelled, strolling out of the place.

"Kirishima? Are you okay? Did he break it?" I asked, turning to him.

Though I couldn't see his eyes, I saw tears drop down his chin.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. It's fine. We'll get a new one. It's fine." I said wiping his tears. He didn't listen. He didn't sob or make any noises. Just tears.

The guy from the desk turned to me and whispered. "Is everything alright?"

"It's fine." I said, brushing him off. He walked back and helped the customers.

"I know how hard you worked to get that." I said gently, turning my attention to Kirishima.
"I'll help you get another if you want."

He shook his head, sniffing. Finally, some sort of response.

"I can't..." he whimpered.

"Yeah you can. You did it before. You just have to try."

He gently leaned forward and put his head in my shoulder. I waited there. Not knowing what to do.