Aftermath-4

You finally fall asleep after many hours with AJ. You feel like every time you fall asleep; you're transported into a different memory to relive it again. Your past haunting you whether you're awake or asleep.

It's nighttime and raining hard. There are three sets of headlights in front of you, and people surrounding you. You're down on your knees in the middle of a road surrounded by trees. You're nose bleeding and mixing with the rainwater.

Unknown Man: We got ya now!

You: You really don't.

Unknown Man: It's twenty-three on one.

You: Uh hu.

People begin to laugh all around you.

Unknown Man: Youre like thirteen kid. Don't try anything; you've got an entire live ahead of ya. We're just going to whip ya for what you've done. Teach ya a lesson.

You: Whipping?

You chuckle.

Unknown Man: What's so funny?

He grabs a whip lined with glass shards and sharp rocks.

You: I killed two of your people. You should be killing me.

Unknown Man: We don't kill unless we have to.

You: That's why you'll lose.

Unknown Man: Listen kid, I don't want to do this. You forced my hand. Ya came to us, and promised you'd work for food. Then you betrayed us.

You: Yeah, and I'd do it again.

Someone comes over and kicks you in the stomach.

Culprit: One of them was my brother you little shit.

You smile.

You: Your brother was a fuck.

They come to kick you again.

Unknown Man: NO! He will get what he deserves.

You: Yeah, I will.

You say this sarcastically and you can see the people shift in anger. They hate that you don't care.

Unknown Man: Now, any thing you'd like to say.

You: Nah, I think I'm good.

The man walks behind you and whips you once. The glass and rocks dig into your back. You strain your face and groan. He rips it from your back tearing away your flesh. You here the people around you enjoying this. The last thing they'll ever enjoy.

He whips at you again, but you turn around and grab the whip. The glass and rocks take root in your hand as you grasp the whip. He looks a little shocked and tries to pull it away, but the whip is stuck. Each pull sends a shockwave up your arm. You pull back with all your might and the man comes with it until he lets go.

Everyone around you raises their guns. You calmly and slowly pull everything out. Blood coating your hand, your back, and small amounts of blood on your legs, from your back injuries.

You grip the end of the whip in your good hand and start whipping it at the ground.

Unknown Man: What are you doing kid? Are you stupid?

You: Nah, just have no reason to live.

You whip the whip at the man, but he is just out of range, so you step forward; he steps back.

Unknown Man: Easy. We will kill you if we have to.

You: Oh?

You whip at him again and it latches onto his face. He screams in pain and you quickly move over to him.

Unknown Man: Shoot him!

Your almost to him as the bullets fly past you. You grab him and pull him in front of you. A few bullets hit him before they stop coming. He's dead. You rip the whip free of his face, throw him down and run into the darkness. They immediately begin yelling and searching.

You slowly move around making sure no one spots you. Your goal is to take out the light. You reach the cars and see three people guarding them. Constantly looking around. You grab the one farthest from the other and cover their mouth pulling them backwards. They try their hardest to get free, but to no avail. You take the knife from their side and quickly slit their throat. You leave them to turn; you've got more important things to waste your energy on.

You quietly move over to the next two who are right next to each other, whip and knife in hand. Your right-hand screams in pain as you hold the knife, but it doesn't matter. You whip the person on the left and it grabs them. They scream in pain as they try to rip it out. You run forward and plunge the knife into the other's head while they're in shock. You feel the whip give way and hear the person breathing heavily and still making a lot of noise.

You pull the knife free of the dead body and charge. They weakly try and hit you, but you dodge easily, and raise the whip again. You grab a short distance from the safe end with your bad hand and the feel that awful digging sensation again. You pull it up and over their head and pull back when it gets to their neck. They begin gagging as the glass and rocks pierce their throat.

You let go with your bad hand and let the whip fall. The person falling with it, clawing at their neck. You hear people heading back and pull a rock from the whip. You use it to start smashing headlights out. You get to the last one and hear someone yell.

Unknown: There he is!

You smash it just as a barrage of bullets hit the car beside you. You run away and grab the rifle one of the dead people had. Hiding behind the car you make sure it's ready to fire. Once youre sure you come around the corner. Your eyes have become used to the dark, making it much easier for you to see. The rain still pours down on you, making for a nice cloak.

You find people scattered around and begin crossing them off. Shooting them and moving before anyone comes over. Until you get to the last person.

Unknown: Hello? Anyone? Shit... He really did it.

You sneak up behind them and can see them trembling. Terrified of death. Their friends that you didn't get in the head begin to rise around the two of you. You raise the rifle to the back of their head.

You: Put your gun down.

They throw their gun to the ground and put their hands up.

Unknown: Please. Don't.

You're covered in blood and are feeling the effects of the blood loss from your wounds. You're pretty sure that your rifle is out of ammo, but they don't know that.

Unknown: You're a monster.

You: Yep, I know.

You lower your rifle and you can hear them hold their breath. You turn and walk away. It takes them a little bit to realize you've left. You hear the groans of their dead friends approaching.

You look over your shoulder to see them scrambling for their rifle, but they're to late. One of the Walkers pushes them down ripping into their flesh. Soon they're swarmed by the dead. They're screams lost in the pitter patter of rain.

Unknown: You're a monster.

Their words play on loop in your head as you walk away.