Salvation-16

You laid in the bed for a long time without going to sleep. Clementine struggled going to sleep, and tossed and turned for a long time. Eventually you pulled her over to you and put your arm around her, hoping you'd comfort her enough that she would go to sleep. She nestled her head on you chest and a few minutes later fell asleep.

You stayed awake a while longer to think things through, yourself. You need to get to Brooklyn, see what she has found, if anything, and break her out. Then you have to figure out how to get out. You could use a car, scale the wall, search for a hole.

You said you were going to wing it, but you still had to weigh the options in front of you. But, after you thought about things you went to sleep. You're a light sleeper; molded by everything that's happened to you. You were woken up many times by things trying to kill you over the years. You have to be on guard at all times, even when you're asleep.

------------------------

You wake up. You don't move to keep from waking Clementine up just in case it's nothing. There's talking outside your door. You can't make out what they're saying.

You shake Clementine to wake her up.

Clem: What?

She says as she rubs her eyes and stretches. You reach under you pillow and grab your knife. Getting to a ready position in the bed.

You: I don't know. Might be nothing.

The talking doesn't move on. They're in front of your door. You flip the knife to get it ready to throw.

You stay like that for what feels like forever, but it seems like they move on. You and Clem are both on edge. You turn to her and go to put the knife under the pillow.

You: I think they le-

The door gets kicked in. You spin around with your knife. Someone runs in with their rifle aimed. You throw the knife, and it goes into their neck. They fall back into the wall and slide down it.

The next two charge into the room with their rifles and now you're weaponless. You grab Clementine as you roll over her and pull her off the bed. Bullets fly past you and into the wall, and bed. One even hits your steel arm.

You hit the ground hard, Clementine landing on top of you. She gets off as soon as she can and you reach under the bed. You have to stretch, but you reach the gun.

The two people have started to move over toward the bed nice and slow. Aj and Clementine get close to the wall to keep out of your way.

You get over to the edge of the bed, raising your pistol. You peek around the corner, fast, and shoot the closet one in the shin. He falls down to the ground holding it and you shoot him in the head. The other fires on the corner as you dip back, and up. He sees you and can't adjust fast enough to stop you. You shoot him in the chest. He grabs it and dramatically falls to the ground.

You: You alright.

You don't lower your pistol, keeping it trained on the door.

Clem: Yeah.

You: Come on. We'll try to get out through the door.

Clem: What about the balcony?

You: No one else has come in yet.

You start walking around the bed, keeping your pistol aimed. You get to the guy you threw you knife at.

You: Clem, take the pistol.

You hand it to her and bend down to grab your knife. You pull it out and put it in his head to keep him from turning. You look at the guy you shot in the chest, and walk over before crouching down and stabbing them in the head as well.