Salvation-9

You: You know that's my old schtick right?

Ares: Not anymore.

You: Hence the "old".

Ares: We've taken out a lot of people, looking for you and Athena, over the past few days.

You: Are you seriously bragging about that?

Ares: It shows strength. There's only one kill that's ever gotten away.

You: You poor soul.

Ares: The wind picked up when I shot. My bullet missed the head, and went into their arm.

You: Are you... Talking about me?

Ares: I am.

You: So you're here to pay up?

Ares: I am here to finish the job.

You see Ate enter the community. Crutches under her arms, and a wrap around her leg.

You: How's the leg?!

You smile at her. She gives you a cold look.

Ate: Make him suffer!

Ares: I'm going to come out of this, the better Ares.

You: You're the only one?

Ares charges at you, you wait for him. He gets to you and goes for your knee. You move it at the last second and send your right arm up at him, trying to uppercut. He deflects it.

He quickly grabs a knife off of his shoulder and backs up slightly. You don't have enough time to close the gap before he throws it. He has it aimed at your good arm. You reach up and catch it. The blade digs into your hand. Blood leaks out of your closed fist.

You position the knife to have it in a throwing position. Your open wound stings. You throw it back him. He simply dodges... You probably should have done that instead.

Ares: I was told you were good at that.

You: I am.

He comes at you again. Throwing a hook with his left hand. You catch it, sending pain through your arm. You bring your steel arm up and punch him in the face. If it weren't for the mask, he would have been out cold.

The mask is dented now. He backs up holding it, you assume it's gotten a sharp edge or become way too tight.

Ares: Athena!

You: What?

You turn around to see a blonde girl in the air behind you. You quickly dodge. She lands and rolls.

Athena: Did you need this much help from Athena when you were Ares?

You: Oh, fuck off with the stealing identities thing.

She smiles at you before running at you. She's faster than Ares, and sends a flurry of punches and kicks. You only block a handful of them. The last one is a kick to your groin. You fall to a knee, trying to push back the pain.

Athena: Ohp, no kids for you.

Brooklyn: Fuck you!

You look up just in time to see Brooklyn landing a powerful right to Athena's face. She stumbles back.

Brooklyn: These fucking posers.

She walks over and helps you back up.

Brooklyn: Walk it off, we need to kill them.

You: Yeah... Yeah... One sec.

You put your hand on your knee. Letting your other just dangle.

Brooklyn: Ares is back.

You look up to see him approaching, his mask removed and a big cut on his face. There's a stream of blood down his face.

Brooklyn: Which one you want?

You: I know which one you want, so Ares.

Brooklyn: Sick.

She moves over to Athena and engages.

Ares: That's the last hit you'll get.

You: Why are you being cocky? You're losing right now.

Ares: Am I?

You: Yeah, I hit you, you didn't hit me.

Ares: I'm going to put you down for good.

You: Oh, I'm so scared.

You're trying to stall while you try to somewhat recover. You're still bent over with your hand on your knee.

Ares: You will be.

He pulls a chain from his left arm and swings it around.

You: You stole that from me too.

Ares: Enough talking!

You: Yeah, you're right. I'm all ready to go.

You stand straight up. You're still in some pain. You jump a little bit and let your arms move freely.

Ares slowly comes at you, swinging his chain.

You: You're gonna hurt yourself.

Ares: I'm going to hurt you.

He slings it at you and you raise your steel arm. It hits it, and goes over the top of it. You take the time to wrap it. You pull Ares at you, jump up and kick him in the side of the chest. He grunts, but keeps fighting. He tries to reach for his shotgun, but you kick him in the shin as you unwrap your arm. He grunts again, and wobbles, but keeps going.

He grabs the shotgun as soon as you unwrap your arm. He brings it down and aims, at the same time you swing your steel arm at him. It connects right before he shoots, knocking him out. He falls over and the trigger gets pulled. It fires, but doesn't hit anyone. It scares the hell out of you though.

You bend over and pick it up. You aim it at his head and pull the trigger. You're so close to him that his head explodes, sending blood and... You'd rather not think about that.

You see Brooklyn struggling, Athena gaining the upper hand slowly.

You: Brooklyn!

She ducks out of instinct. Athena looks at her with a funny look before realizing what's happening. You fire the shotgun off, hoping nothing hits Brooklyn. Holes open up all over Athena's body, and she falls backwards, dead.

You: HaHa! Some Gods they were!

Brooklyn: You guys are gonna leave now right?

She's out of breath and waving her hand at Ate, telling her to shoo.

Ate: I have not gotten my revenge yet. Get them!

You see the remaining Olympians charge you. You shoot some shots at them. Brooklyn moves to your side. There's a lot of them, but you'll fight however many you have to.

Just before they reach you you hear gunfire erupt from behind you. You turn to see the community coming back to finish them off. They kill until Ate is the only one left. She's surrounded quickly, countless guns aimed at her.

Brooklyn: Aw, did you lose?

The two of you make your way to the front.

Ate: You will pay.

You: Bummer.

You reach for a pistol in someone's side. They flinch to stop you, but end up letting you take it. You offer it to Brooklyn.

You: You want to?

Brooklyn: All yours.

You nod at her and aim right between her eyes.

You: Bye.

You shoot, and with that. The raid is over. The Olympians are over. Ares is dead. Athena is dead. Ate is dead. That part of your life is now completely in the past.

Brooklyn: I never liked you... Evil witch.

She spits on the corpse.