Salvation-21

Brooklyn: Seriously Y/N?! We're in the shit right now and you're... I don't even know what to call that!

You: I was comforting her Brooklyn. She's nervous.

Brooklyn: I don't care! Shit like that gets you killed.

You: You have no idea what you're talking about.

Brooklyn: I was raised by the Olympians for I don't even know how long. They taught me things like that.

You: You do realize they were insane, right?

Brooklyn: That doesn't automatically void their skills.

You: They had no skills when it came to people. Neither do you.

Brooklyn: Excuse me?!

You: You're bad with people.

Brooklyn: When we get out of here, I'm kicking your ass.

You: A nice sparring session will be great.

Brooklyn: We're not sparring.

You: You'll change your mind.

Brooklyn: I will not.

You: I'll just have to save your-

A bullet flies between you and you dive for cover behind a nearby building. You peak out for just a second to see where the shooter is and notice you're being shot at from the building holding the supplies. You dip back and a bullet chips the corner of the building.

You: Well, we're here.

Brooklyn: Seriously?

You: Yep.

Brooklyn: Alright.

She gets up and runs around the corner, aiming her rifle.

You: Damn it, Brooklyn.

You mumble as you get up. She starts firing after she finds the shooter. After three shots, a woman falls from the top of the building. After two more another gun falls off the side, but no body.

Brooklyn: Let's get inside, clear it out. I'm itching to tear this place up.

You: You just want to take out everyone in the building then?

Brooklyn: Yes.

You: It was a joke, I'm not letting you do that.

Brooklyn: Then I'll just do it anyway.

She runs towards the building as fast as she can. You sprint behind her. She throws the door open and shuts it behind her. You hear gunfire almost immediately.

You go to open the door and realize she locked it or something. The way it's built, you can't hope to knock it down.

You: Why the hell would you do that? Maybe I pissed her off a little too much... She's gonna kick my ass.

You walk around the building to a window. There's still fighting inside; you can hear the screaming and occasional gun fire. The window is high. You can't get in.

You: Fucking hell.

You look around for something that will give you and idea. You spot a utility truck. You run over to it and start the engine. You quickly drive it under the window and put it in park. You climb on top of it, and punch the glass in with you steel arm. You take your steel arm and break off any excess glass sticking out that could harm you.

You climb through, into a dark room. You see
the light from the hallway shining under the door and walk towards it, slowly to avoid obstacles. You hear Brooklyn fighting outside. You hope she hasn't gotten herself hurt yet.