Recovery-2

You open your eyes to see the darkness of night filling the room. A small candle lit on the table to give off some light. Clementine is nestled up to you, asleep. Your only arm wrapped around her as she uses your chest as a pillow. You stay put so you don't wake her up. You can tell she hasn't slept much.

The door to the room slowly opens and you can barely see AJ sneak in. He's very careful, trying not to wake either of you up.

You: Where ya been?

You whisper.

AJ: I didn't mean to wake you up.

You: You didn't.

AJ: I was just hanging out with some of my friends.

You: I'm assuming it's really late.

AJ: Yeah.

You: If I were to wake Clementine up right now, I don't think she would be too happy with you.

AJ: Please don't.

You: I'm not but think about being a little more responsible. We live in an apocalyptic world. We can't afford to stay up late hanging out with friends.

AJ: I know, I'm sorry.

You: You will be when you have to wake up soon on only a few hours of sleep.

AJ: Why would I have to wake up?

You: I'm going to wake you up.

AJ: No!

Clementine starts to shift around beside you. She eventually stops and relaxes again.

You: Get some rest before morning.

AJ: Ok.

He walks over to the couch and plops down on it. It squeaks loudly as he moves around on it trying to situate.

You: Are you about done?

AJ: Yeah.

He stops moving and doesn't make another sound. You turn your attention to the ceiling, and let your thoughts wander as you wait for Clementine to wake up.

------------------------

Clementine starts to move around and stretch, signaling that she's awake. You lost track of time. It's still dark outside.

You: Good morning... I think.

Clem: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up.

You: I've been up for a while.

Clem: Oh.

You: AJ is asleep. We should go outside.

Clem: You should lay in here.

You: I can sit outside.

Clementine sighs.

Clem: Fine, let's go.

She sits up and grabs her crutches. She gets off the bed with ease. Once clear, you slide to the side of the bed and stand yourself. You feel a lot better. You can stand now. The pulsating pain in your arm has yet to go away, and will probably stay for a while.

You walk outside behind Clementine and the two of you make your way over to the fire that is very dimly lit. You take a seat beside Clementine on a bench beside it.

Clem: How's your arm?

You look down at it.

You: Gone.

Clem: I know that.

You: It hurts... I uh... Don't really know what I'm gonna do without it.

Clem: You'll learn how to live without it eventually.