Lapse-3

It's been three weeks. During the first two, you were in the back of your SUV. Clementine kept you company a lot of the time. Which was the best part. She would help you walk around twice a day. Lay with you so you had someone to talk to. Eat with you so you weren't alone when they cooked something for a meal.

At the end of the second week you started feeling better, and began to walk around on your own. The pain almost completely subsided; only coming back in small bursts.

At the beginning of the third week you were almost back to your normal self. You joined the others during breaks between long trips, and started to exercise a little.

And now...

You: Ah!

You get knocked to the ground.

Brooklyn: Man! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I've been waiting for this.

You: We're SPARRING. You're hitting too hard.

Brooklyn: I told you I was going to.

You get back up to face her. She barely gives you time to get ready before coming at you. She grabs your metal arm before you can do anything. You start to move your right arm to stop her, and you're on the ground again. You don't even know what happened.

Brooklyn: You've gotten worse since we last sparred.

You: Well, last time we sparred I had two arms.

Brooklyn: You have a hard hitting, metal one now.

You: I can't use it on you.

Brooklyn: You wouldn't be able to if you wanted to.

You: Oh fuck off, I'm done.

You get back up and start walking away.

Brooklyn: Y/N! Buddy.

She puts her arm around over your shoulders as you walk.

Brooklyn: Please.

You: Nope.

Brooklyn: But she just started watching.

You look around to see Violet and Clementine. Her and Violet have been getting more comfortable.

You: Find someone else to kick the crap out of.

Aj: Um... Hey Broo-kl-yn?

You stop and turn around to see Aj, standing behind you.

Brooklyn: Haha! You said it right! Good job buddy! What's up?

Aj: Could you teach me how to fight?

You: Woah! I thought you wanted me to do that?

Brooklyn: He probably just watched me kick your ass. Plus, I taught you, sooo...

Aj: Swear.

Brooklyn: Alright kid, if you want me to teach you anything... Stop with the swear.

You walk away and leave them to do their thing. She'll look better teaching him than kicking you around.

Clem: You did great Y/N.

You: No Clem. I did awful.

You reach her and give her a quick peck on the lips.

Clem: Is it ok that he learns from her?

You turn around and stand next to her.

You: Yeah. She taught me.

Clem: She also just kick the crap out of you.

You: That's what I get for pissing her off. She'll teach him without hurting him... Too bad.