Journey-8

You: Come on... Come on...

You're in the storage room loading up your bag with the little supplies they have left. It should get you by for about two weeks if you ration it correctly. They have so many people in their group that they'll be fine. They really need to move somewhere to hunt.

Unknown: What are you doing?

You turn around to see the group's leader, Tom.

You: Nothing, Tom. Just here for a late-night snack.

Tom: We can't be giving out late night snacks, even to kids.

You: I just haven't eaten in days. I've been giving my food to the other kids.

You lie to maybe get him to leave.

Tom: That's really kind of you, but also entirely your fault.

You: I know, I know.

He's not leaving.

Tom: How about you put everything you stole back, and we'll forget any of this happened.

What do you do? You could take him out, but he's been so kind and welcoming.

You: I'm sorry Tom.

Tom: Look bud I ca-

You grab his face and he pulls your hand away, but that free time gives you enough to grab his knife. You push it into his neck before he can react. Small amounts of blood squirt out, and a lot of oozes from the sides of the knife.

Tom stumbles backwards into the door as he grabs his neck. He slumps to the floor and looks at you with fear in his eyes.

You: I'm sorry, but you're in my way. You've been nice, so I won't let you turn.

You pull the knife out and blood comes rushing out. You get it all over your clothes.

You: Damn, I just got these.

You take the knife and quickly ensure that he won't turn. You leave the knife in his head because you shouldn't have to kill any more people.

You finish loading your bag and move Tom's body so you can get out of the room. You open the door and see a little boy standing there; he's maybe five years younger than you. They back away scared.

You: What's wrong buddy?

Unknown: You... Your covered in blood... I saw some coming from under the door and thought I'd check it out.

You: There's nothing to worry about.

Unknown: Who's blood is that?

You: I spilled some ketchup.

Unknown: We don't have any.

You grab the young boy and cover his mouth before he screams.

You: Go along and tell no one. Got it?

The little boy nods his head and you let go. He runs away, but when he gets far enough away, he screams.

You: You little shit.

You run over and grab him. He screams so loud your ears feel like they're about to bleed. You cover his mouth and he bites your hand.

You: Don't make me do this.

You try and cover his mouth again, but he bites your hand and you pull away again.