Journey-1

You knew what it was like... To have everything ripped from under you. It's a feeling of absolute helplessness Loneliness The only difference is you didn't have anyone left.

You: Clem, I can't keep going. The Suns going down, and we need to stop.

Clem stays silent. She hasn't talked much since you made it to the train station. You know how she feels right now.

You: We'll stop right here then.

You begin to set her down.

Clem: They can't be far, can they?

You: I don't know. I would guess they're close, but I have no idea.

Clem begins to silently cry.

You: I'm going to go get some firewood. It's wet, but I hope I can get something started. Are you going to be ok?

Clem nods.

You walk away and search the area for any wood you can use. There isn't much that is dry enough to catch. You walk back with it and set it down on the ground.

Clem: Do you think we'll find them?

You: We will.

Clem: Don't lie to me to make me feel better.

You: With that mindset we won't. You have to believe they're ok. We didn't find any bodies, no blood trails, nothing. That means they're alright.

Clem: That also means we have no way of finding them.

You sigh and turn your attention to the wood; setting it up for a fire.

Clem: Why are you even still here?

You: Huh?

You keep working on the fire.

Clem: You said you would stay a week then you would leave. Why are you here?

You slightly turn your head.

You: I changed my mind.

Clem: Yeah right.

You: What's that supposed to mean?

Clem: You don't care about them. You only care about yourself. I know how people like you think because I used to be that way.

You: Yeah you said that. You also said, "used to."

Clem: You're the reason this happened. If you hadn't of gotten into a fight, the school wouldn't have been swarmed.

You: Stop trying to pick a fight just because you're mad.

Clem: Fuck you!

You: Keep it down.

Clem: I just don't want to lose him again.

You can hear her quiet sobs behind you. You turn to look at her; her leg tucked up to her body and her head hiding behind her arms.

You: Hey.

She lifts her head to look at you.

You: I know how you feel.

Clem: No, you don't.

You: To lose everything, yeah, I do. The difference for you is you can still get it all back. I wasn't so fortunate. I promise that I will help you find them.

Clem: I've lost everything so many times. I'm sick of it.

You: It'll be ok.

------------------------