Lapse-2

Clem: Y/N. Get up.

Clementine is violently shaking you. You must have fallen asleep.

You: What?

Clem: We moved for a little bit, and we just stopped again. Do you want to get up and stretch? Ruby said you could.

You: Yeah, I think you'll need to help me.

Clem: You helped me for weeks, it's the least I can do.

You sit up slowly. Pain shoots through your right side from burns and cuts. Your left side hurts just as much, with pain emanating from the hole left from the screwdriver. You don't know what to grip. You leave your hand planted on the floor of the SUV to keep yourself upright.

Clem: Are you alright?

You realize you've scrunched up your face and started gritting your teeth. Why didn't it hurt this bad when you sat up earlier?

You: Mhm.

Clem: You don't have to get up.

You: I- mm- want to.

You hold out your arm to show her you want her help now.She takes it and drapes it over her. She wraps her left arm around your back and her other hand on you stomach. She slowly helps you move to the door.

Clem: You alright?

You: I'll... Be fine.

Clem: If you're struggling this much maybe you should lay back down.

You: Did Ruby give me medicine?

Clem: Yeah, why?

You: I need it.

Clem: Just sit down right here.

You're about to get out of the SUV. Your legs are on the ground and you're halfway up, but you listen to Clementine and sit down.

Clem: I'll go get her.

She rushes around the SUV and you can hear her calling for Ruby. You lean over and put your head in your hand, but you lean too far and fall to the ground.

You: Mm- fucking klutz.

You lay there and close your eyes. You can't get up on your own.

Clem: Y/N!

You hear the panic in her voice as she rounds the corner. She reaches you quickly and you can feel her try and push you over so she can see your face.

You: I'm fine. I just fell. Can you help me up?

She grabs you and you push up from the ground with your arm; it hurts. Once you're high enough you put your metal arm under you to act as a jack. Eventually she gets you up and back in the SUV.

Ruby: Is he doing alright?

Clem: I don't know.

Ruby walks over to the two of you.

Ruby: Y/N?

You: I need medicine... It hurts.

Ruby: Ok. Hold on.

She goes to the back of the SUV, you can hear the back doors open. They shut seconds later and she returns.

Ruby: Take these.

She hands you two large pills and a bottle of water. You toss the pills in and down the water along with them.

Clem: Better?

Ruby: It'll be a minute before it has any affect.