Journey-7

You walk through the woods with your pistol resting in your hand. You keep an eye on your surroundings to avoid any sneak attacks. You will get to John no matter what it takes.

John: WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

You hear a shout off in the distance that sounded like John.

You: Why is he yelling?

You pick up the pace and move in the direction of the yell. You see a few people ahead of you and crouch down. You slowly move past the trees and use them as cover at the same time. You need to evaluate the situation before you charge in.

John: You mean to tell me that five of our closely guarded prisoners just happened to escape? They were deep within the base, surrounded by hundreds, and they didn't kill anyone? They just escaped?

Unknown: Yes sir.

John: Were you the one in charge?

Unknown: Yes sir.

John: That's really unfortunate.

You've moved close enough that you can see John talking to another man. There's a big circle around them along with scattered people in the woods. John takes a knife and sticks it in the man's thigh; he drops to the ground screaming in agony.

John: That is going to get our community killed! Our people are going to die because you were too careless! You know why we had them locked up!

Unknown: I'm so sorry!

John: Shut the fuck up!

He pulls the knife out of the man's leg.

John: Let this man be an example. When I leave you in charge, I expect you to do it like I would.

He kneels beside the man as he cries. John raises the knife and plunges it into the side of the man's head.

You: Fuck.

Unknown: Hey! What are...

You turn around at the sudden noise and see a woman standing there. How could you be so stupid? You didn't even hear her walk up.

You kick her in the shin as hard as you can. She yells out as you make impact and falls to a knee. You quickly put a hand to her mouth. She tries to raise her rifle and rip your hand away at the same time, but before either of those happen you snap her neck.

John: Go check it out.

People are slowly approaching. You don't have time to stick around. The rifle she was holding is now under her. You're too weak to push her over fast enough.

You move back a little as people approach and hide behind a tree.

Unknown: Fuck. WE GOT A DEAD ONE!

John: Who?!

Unknown: Kelly!

John: What happened?!

Unknown: Snapped neck!

John: Find who did it and bring them to me! Spread out in groups of three!

You: Shit.

You run out from behind the tree at the one who found the body. They look over to you once they hear you. They raise their gun at you, but it's too late. You grab their head and smash it as hard as you can into the tree right beside them. They stumble a bit.

Unknown: OVER HERE!

You smash their head into the tree again and they fall to the ground. You repeatedly stomp their head until you know their dead.