Salvation-10

You: Holy shit. She kicked me hard.

You're bent over again. You've never been kicked so hard.

Brooklyn: You're overreacting.

You: Really not.

You take a deep breath and stand up straight again.

You: Who were those two?

Brooklyn: I knew they had a replacement for you, but I had no idea I had a replacement.

You: So they didn't need me?

Brooklyn: You were better than him, so they did need you.

You look over at the now dead Ares.

You: He took my arm, I took his life.

Brooklyn: I took your arm. He just assisted.

You: What, you want me to kill you?

Sam: Shit Y/N! Thank you.

Sam walks over to you. He puts a hand on your shoulder and you quickly push it off.

Sam: I don't know what would have happened had you not stood up to them like that.

You: You would have died.

Sam: We're very thankful.

Brooklyn: Yeah, it's not like I helped or anything.

Sam: You actually need to go back to your cell.

You: Oh come on. She helped.

Sam: I'll take you. Y/N, go get some rest.

You sigh as you start to walk back towards the hotel. You walk past body after body. Olympians, and Salvation citizens both.

You walk past the building that Cayde was in and see three bodies being pulled from it. Two adults and a kid. Olympians wouldn't have sent a family?

You walk over to the people carrying them away.

You: Hey, what happened to them?

Unknown: They got shot during the attack, asshole.

You: Yeah alright.

They were rude.

You walk into the building and towards where Cayde came from. There are people walking around inside. Some give you weird looks.

You find a room with blood covering the walls. You walk in and don't see anymore bodies. Cayde said he killed Olympians in here, and the family were not Olympians.

You: Strange.

Cayde: How ya doin?

You spin around to see Cayde leaning in the doorway to the room.

You: Lookin around.

Cayde: Mhm. Why here?

You pause, contemplating what to say to him.

You: ... You killed that family.

Cayde: I don't know what you're talking about.

You keep an eye on his hands, making sure he doesn't reach for anything.

You: That's a lie.

Cayde: Ok, Ok... You caught me.

He pushes off the door frame and steps closer. You take a step back.

Cayde: They were spies.

He says this in dramatic fashion.

You: You know, that's such a lie.

Cayde: Listen kid, go home. Forget about this.

You: Yeah, alright.

Cayde: Wait, really? I thought I'd have to bribe you... Or ice you maybe, say you were a spy.

You: Nope. I don't even know what we're talking about.

Cayde: Good.

He pats your head and walks out of the room. Why'd he kill them? Finally something suspicious.

You quickly walk out of the building and make sure no one is watching you. It doesn't make sense that he would just let you go.

Everyone is frantic and rushing to find friends and family, or trying to clean the place up. Occasional guns go off due to Walkers coming in from all the noise, sending people into a split second of more panic. These people are too spooked to be worried about you right now. This eases you slightly, but you stay on edge just in case.

You get in the hotel and rush to the fifth floor. You don't know which room is Aj's so you start yelling.

You: Clem! Clem!

A door opens up ahead and she peaks out. She sees you walking down the hall and moves as quick as she can at you. Which isn't very fast. You think she might have tried to hit you, she probably thought about it, but she wraps you in her arms.

Clem: I'm glad you're alright.

You: Did you have doubts?

Clem: Yeah.

You: What?!

You push her off you. Only pretending to be annoyed by her response.

Clem: I'm going to worry.

You: Not going to let some Olympians keep me from seeing this beautiful face again.

Clem: Let's go eat with Aj. You can tell us what happened.

You: Wade isn't in there right?

Clem: No, he's not.

You: Good. I don't know if I can handle, another conversation with that kid.