Lapse-8

You sit up with a big grin on your face. You survived one of the most terrifying experiences of your life. You've never seen something so massive and destructive. You've fought against the odds, survived an explosion inside of a building, fought massive groups of people; but this was something entirely different. You couldn't prevent it, no matter what you did. You just had to hope.

You: Aj.

You put a hand on his shoulder. He looks up at you, tears in his eyes.

Aj: Are we going to be ok?

You: Yeah, I think we are.

He hugs you. You were terrified, but you can't imagine how scared he was. You put your arm around his back and let him stay there as long as he needs. After about half of a minute he lets go and sits down.

Aj: Thank you.

You: That was pure luck buddy. I didn't do anything... But, I'll tell you one thing for sure... Clem is never letting you come with me again.

You take your bag off of your back.

You: Alright, take this and go in the back corner. Keep your gun in your hand and don't come out of here until I tell you to.

Aj: Why?

You: Still need to deal with the other people in here.

Aj: Oh, be careful.

You: Of course.

You stand up and draw your pistol. You wait to see Aj hide in the corner and then peak around the corner aiming your pistol. The people have already come out of their area.

You: I told you to stay put!

You yell at them as you step out. They don't go for their guns.

Unknown: Take it easy man! We're going to have to stay in here together for a while. Might as well get to know each other.

You keep your gun trained on them.

Unknown: Just put the gun down.

You hesitate. No need to fight them unless they make you. You have Aj with you. If you get killed, and leave him alone with these two; Clem will find you in the afterlife, and kill you over and over.

You: Yeah alright.

You slowly put the gun in the holster you have strapped to your side.

Unknown: I'm Jamie... And this is Kane.

You: Y/N.

Jamie: Nice to meet you Y/N.

Kane: I'll start a fire if you two want to find some things for us to sit on.

You hesitantly help. Grabbing a small hay bale for you to sit on. Jamie brings two, for him and his buddy.

Jamie: So, where's your group?

He says as he sits down.

You: I don't have one.

You sit at the side of where Kane is starting the fire. Jamie is on your left, Kane on your right.

Kane: No need to lie.

You: I don't.

Jamie: Alright man... We got separated from ours by that herd not too far from here, and then this started.