Salvation-6

You walk into the room first with Clementine trailing behind you. You set her crutches by the door. The extra bed has been removed and your room has been somewhat rearranged. The bed is now centered on the wall with a nightstand on each side now.

You walk over to the window, open the door, and enter onto the balcony. You lean over and see the pistol and ammo resting where you left them.

You grab them and walk to the bed. Clementine is shutting the door behind her. You bend down on your side of the bed and put the gun and ammo under it.

You: A lot more spacious.

You stand up and turn to look towards Clementine. She rams the crutch pad into your stomach. You fall to the ground gasping for air.

Clem: What the fuck?!

You: Why- would you do that?

Clem: Are you trying to get us kicked out?!

You: No.

Clem: You knocked someone out, snuck into somewhere you weren't supposed to be, and stole a gun!

You: I was trying to find out what they're hiding.

Clem: I don't know where you got this idea they were hiding something, but you need to stop! Did you even find anything?!

You: Nothing incriminating.

Clem: So you found something, and when were you planning on telling me?!

You: The Olympians are looking for Brooklyn and me.

Clem: We already knew that!

You: Clem... I'll find something.

Clem: Quit, before you get yourself killed!

You: I'll be fine.

Clem: That's what you said when you went to go scout the Olympians, and then you were gone for five months!

You: This is different.

Clementine swings the crutch at you like a baseball bat. You raise your new steel arm to block it. The wood breaks and splinters as it collides with your arm. She swung it hard.

You: Look what you did.

Clem: Fuck you!

She kicks at you with her new leg and you dodge. She must know she won't hurt you. You stand up and she swings her right arm at you. You duck under and grab it with your right hand when you get back up. She tries to get out, but you pull her over to you.

You: Stop.

She elbows you in the stomach. You let go and step back a few steps.

You: Clem.

She comes at you again. Before she can do anything you climb across the bed. She doesn't follow because of her leg.

You: Stop.

You can see tears streaming down her face.

You: Why is she crying?

She starts to walk around the bed towards you.

You: Clem!

You don't jump over the bed again. When she gets over near you, you attack first. Grabbing her quickly. She struggles, but you grab you steel arm to keep her from getting out. She's not kicking with her steel leg anymore, just her real one.

Clem: Let go!

She doesn't want you to get hurt. That's why she's mad, she's scared. She's attacking you to get her anger out.

Clem: Let me go!

You: I'll be alright Clem. I promise.

Clem: You- said that last time.

You: I made it back to you.

Clem: I thought you were dead.

You: Now you know better.

Clem: Please stop.

She squeezes you tight with her arms, putting her face into your chest. Stopping the barrage of kicks.

You: I can't if you're in danger.

There's a knock on the door.

You: I'll get it, just sit down for a minute.

You let go of her and turn towards the door. There's another knock, this one is more frantic. You unlock it and open it. There's a few people standing there. You don't recognize them.

Unknown man: Is everything alright in here?

You: Uh huh.

Unknown man: We heard a girl screaming. Where us she?

He starts to walk into your room, but you step in his way.

You: She's fine.

Unknown man: Then let us come in and see for ourselves.

You: She doesn't want visitors right now.

He gives you a cold look. The others tense up, ready for a fight.

You: She's fine...

Clem: I'm fine!

She comes walking over. Her eyes are red and she's wiped her tears away.

Unknown man: He didn't do anything to you, did he?

Clem: It was my fault...

You: No it wasn't.

You whisper.

Unknown man: If you're in danger don't lie to me.

Clem: I'm fine.

Unknown man: Well, sorry for bothering you.

Clem: It's fine, you were just making sure everything was alright.

The group walks away and you shut the door.

You: I'm sorry for making you worry Clem.

A few tears slip out of her eyes again.

Clem: I'm always going to worry about you. Just don't get yourself killed.

You: I won't. I promise.

Clem: Your promises are stupid.

She's teasing you now?

You: I promised I'd get you a leg.

Clem: You did do that.

You: Now I promise to live for... A while?

She giggles as she wipes her tears away.

Clem: I love you.

You're a little shocked by this. She's never said that before. You don't know what to do. You react quickly.

You: I love you too.

She smiles, you did something right. She wraps her arms around you neck and pulls you down to her. She initiates a kiss. She went from being pissed off at you, to kissing you in minutes. What a turn of events.

There's an explosion in the distance.