Lapse-4

Violet: There's no way there's anything here.

You arrived at the town. It's been ruined like the rest of them. Plant life growing all over everything, broken windows, trash littering the ground...

You: Might as well look. I mean we are here.

Violet: Just, tell me if you find anything. I'll put it in the back pack.

You only brought one back pack, and Violet refuses to let you carry it.

You: I'm going to start in that garage.

You point to an old garage connected to a small single story house.

Violet: Yeah, fine. I'll go in the house.

You: You're so dull today. Duller than usual.

Violet: Just loot the building and let's move to the next one.

You: Alright.

You walk up to the garage door and grab the bottom of it. You start to pull up, but it stops and won't go any further.

You: Of course.

You walk around until you find a door on the side. You twist the knob and push, but it's locked.

You: Damn it.

You back up and charge the door, moving all your weight to your left side. The door flies open as you connect with it and you fall to the ground.

You: That hurt...

You hear the click of a gun.

You: It's ok Violet. It was me.

You say as you look towards the door. No one is there.

Unknown Man: So you have buddies?

You: Nah, I talk to colors.

You look around to see three people looking at you. One with an old, worn out pistol. You're not even sure it shoots. Why does the first place you look have to have people?...

Unknown Man: We found this place first, move on.

You: Don't suppose we could loot it together?

Unknown Man: No.

You: Look, I'm sorry, but I'm going to call the bluff and say that thing doesn't shoot.

The man looks down at the gun.

Unknown Man: It does.

You: Shoot me. Unless... It doesn't work.

Unknown Woman: Shoot him, Paul.

Paul: I-

You: Ohp, we got a pussy!

Unknown Woman: Don't you dare call him that!

You stare at them for a few seconds waiting for something to happen.

You: Come on. I don't have all day.

They don't say anything. They couldn't scare you off, and now they don't know what to do.

You: You guys have anything?

Unknown: Uh huh.

Unknown Woman: Don't tell him that, Georgia.

You: What kind of stuff, Georgia?

Georgia: Um, food and- and water.

You: So essentials. Good to know.

You grab your pistol with incredible speed and shoot each of them. Paul in the head, Georgia in the throat, and the woman in the stomach. The woman stumbles back and into a tool bench before falling to the ground, clutching her wound.