Salvation-4

You open your eyes. You're lying on the left side of the bed, closest to the door just in case. Clementine has taken most of the blankets leaving you somewhat cold. You don't want to fight her for them though.

You stare at the ceiling until your eyes adjust to the darkness. Once they do you look around the room. There's nothing out of the ordinary. Clementine is asleep with her back to you, giving you the perfect opportunity to sneak out.

You reach under the pillow and grab the knife you stashed there. Then you slowly raise yourself out of the bed, being careful not to rouse Clementine. Your clothes are hanging in the closet, so you open it up and put them on.

You look back at the bed one last time to make sure that Clementine is still asleep. Last time you snuck out she followed you; you can't afford that this time. If caught, you want to be the only one around. Knowing that if you find something you're not supposed to, they'll kill you.

You grab the keys and quietly open the door. When you're outside you slowly shut it. Making sure that no loud noises emanate from the door.

There are only a few lights on in the hallway; making it easier on your eyes. You drop the keys in one of your pockets and adjust your knife to be in a good position to grab. When you think you're ready you begin to walk down the hall, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

You enter the stairwell and descend it. You stop on the floor right below yours to make sure AJ is safe. The hallway is clear, so you keep going down. When you reach the lobby you cautiously move, trying not to be caught. You don't want to fail your mission before you start it.

Stepping outside you see the streets are slightly lit up. Every other streetlight turned on. There's no one in sight. It's like a ghost town.

You move to a dark spot in a corner outside the hotel. You survey the area trying to figure out where you want to go. You know what's straight ahead, so what about everywhere else.

The server said something about a cow farm outside of the city. Did he mean the walls, or the whole city? It doesn't matter, you don't know where it is anyway. It could take too long to find. You decide to just walk until you find something worth investigating.

You stay out of the light; sticking to the shadows. Less chance of being spotted. You walk past building after building. Nothing of interest... Nothing that could hold something dark and sinister.

You've had your eyes on one building up ahead. One with more light than the rest and a guard. It could be something worth checking out. So, you decide to look into it.

You sneak up to the building. You hide in a dark parch right next to it. The guard hasn't noticed you yet. He stands in front of the door, slowly looking around at everything around him.

You sneak up to the side of where he's standing when he looks the other way. Hiding around a corner. He looks back towards you, and then away again. You use this opportunity to hit him with the blunt side of your knife. He drops to the ground with a thud. You quickly grab him and move him into a nearby bush. It might scratch him up, but he'll get over it.

You're on a time limit now; one that you don't know the length of. If there's nothing in this building, you'll have an issue. Security will probably increase after what you just did. It'll be hard to get around.

You quickly open the door and move into the building. It's dimly lit like everything else right now. Nothing sticks out to you immediately, so you travel deeper into the building. Checking every room you find with caution, but every room is filled with different, harmless things. One is filled with books, a library maybe; one with back up food and water you're assuming; one with clothes, but you don't take any.