Lapse-1

*Ba Bump*

You: Gahuhh!

You suddenly wake up. You're in the back of car, and it just hit a a massive bump in the road.

Your body aches, your head hurts, there's a stabbing pain in your side from where the screwdriver was. All in all, you feel awful. On top of all the pain, you can barely move. The slightest movement causes more pain.

Brooklyn: Look who finally woke up.

You turn to see Brooklyn driving the car you're in. She's keeping her voice down.

Brooklyn: You need to quit dying on that girl.

She points back towards you. You look around to see Clementine asleep, sitting up. You can tell you were lying in her lap.

You: Pro-bably.

Brooklyn: You're still hurt huh? You recovered from a lost arm pretty quick, I'm sure you'll spring back.

You look around the vehicle as she talks. The seats in the back have been folded into the floor, probably so you can lay down and leave more room for the supplies. They fill up half of the back. You and Clementine get the other half. Ruby sits in the passenger seat asleep.

You: Ye-yeah.

Brooklyn: Man, you sound like crap.

You: I feel like crap.

It's a struggle to speak to. The pain, and a dry throat mix together to make it hard. You start looking through the supplies for some water. It doesn't take you long to find it. You open some and down it.

Brooklyn: Easy! We need to make that last a little bit.

You: I needed it.

Brooklyn: Yeah, but slow down. We're going to drive for a while to get away from Salvation. Then we'll figure the rest out. The supplies need to last.

You: How are you?

Brooklyn: Just a few scrapes. I'm not a pussy like you.

You: I was closer to an explosion, completely buried under the bu-ilding, had a screwdriver in me, and I stayed conscious longer than you.

Brooklyn: It was a joke, Y/N, geez.

You: I know.

Brooklyn: Y/N.

You: Uh huh.

Brooklyn: Clementine was upset.

You: I assumed.

Brooklyn: She's going to kick your ass.

You: I know.

You look at her sleeping. She looks worried even while she's sleeping.

Brooklyn: So uh, Y/N?

You: You don't need to make conv-ersation. I'd actually prefer you didn't.

Brooklyn: I'm almost done. I just wanted to ask you a question.

You: What's up?