33

The play had already started started, Ellis was running late because of a disagreement that the boys had

The play had already started started, Ellis was running late because of a disagreement that the boys had. She found it pathetic that she had to break them apart. Even in the grave their Pops was still controlling them.

Ernest was talking about going back to the army, his role as Major General was important as he always reminds them.

Ellis ran into the church to give Gilbert and Bash a hand. She was the help. Which was definitely better than her playing a part and speaking in front of everyone.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Ellis said as she placed her hand on Gilbert's.

His heart rate began to increase.

"It's okay, you're here now." He turned to face her, consequently he let go of the rope which was holding the lightening bolt up, making it hit Billy's head.

Billy fell to the floor with a thud. Ellis, Gilbert and Bash shared a panicked look. Ellis grabbed the ropes which pulled the curtains shut.

"Oh my god. Is he alright?" Diana questioned as everyone rushed to surround Billy.

"I can't believe that happened." Moody mumbled.

Ellis stifled a laugh, after everything Billy had done, that was the least that he deserved.

"Did you see what happened?"

"Out of my way! Out of my way!" Mrs Andrews pushed past.

"We're gonna lose they audience." Rachel fretted.

"Get him out of this retched thing." Mrs Andrews turned to face Bash. "Is this your doing. You savage brute! Shame on you!" She spat at Bash as she and Gilbert helped Billy up.

Ellis stood up from her crouched position. Ellis didn't know what came over her but she pulled her hand back and slapped Mrs Andrews across the cheek.

Gilbert's eyes widened and his mouth parted in complete and utter shock.

"Let's get Billy out of here." He suggested before Mrs Andrews could do anything to Ellis.

Gilbert gave a look to Bash, telling him to get Ellis home as soon as possible.

~

"Why did you do that?" Bash questioned, raising his voice at the girl.

"She deserved it." Ellis snapped.

"No-"

"Yes Sebastian." Ellis ran her hand through her hair. If her brothers were there, she knew that they would've agreed with her.

"You're better than that Ellis." Bash placed his hand on Ellis' shoulder.

~

Mrs Andrews walked up to the Bennett household and angrily knocked on the door.

"Mrs Andrews." Ernest nodded.

Ellis had told her brothers about what had happened at the play. Although they were angry with her, they didn't think that what she did was wrong.

Ellis stood in front of her brothers, who all gathered around her. James gave her shoulder a light squeeze. She smirked seeing how overwhelmed Mrs Andrews was.

"I would like an apology." She stated holding her head high.

"You're not going to get one, so please be on your way." Ellis said crossing her arms. Franklin gave her a warning look.

"With all due respect Mrs Andrews, you deserved it." James said standing tall. His cheeky grin, naturally forming on his face.

"How can you defend such a savage? He did that on purpose to my poor boy." Mrs Andrews questioned referring to Bash.

"He didn't do anything wrong." Ellis snapped.

Mrs Andrews went to say something, but Ernest cut her off.

"Ellis will you just apologise to Mrs Andrews."

"No." Ellis snapped stubbornly.

Carter was proud of his sister, she was doing what she believed was right.

"Ellis. Apologise." Reuben backed up his older brother.

"No. I will not apologise." Ellis looked up to her brothers. "She deserved it." With that, Ellis pushed past her siblings and went to her room.