60

Ellis walked into the Blythe's household with a smile

"Good morning Gilbert Blythe." She smiled cheerfully. Her eyes landed on the red head and she frowned. "A-Anne?" She stuttered stepping back slightly.

"Morning Ellis." Anne smiled sweetly. "Mary's sick. Gilbert's gone to fetch Doctor Ward. We've come to help." She explained motioning to Miss Cuthbert. Ellis nodded, suddenly turning a deep red.

"Delphi-ne?"

"Mathew has her. Mary is in her room." Ellis nodded and rushed to Mary's room.

"Morning Mary." Ellis smiled as she sat on the bed beside her. "How you feeling?" Ellis worried, fiddling with her hands.

"I'm okay Ellis. Please don't worry." Mary said calmly.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Ellis questioned standing up.

"No, no. Just sit." Mary chuckled at the girl. "Where are James and Carter today?"

"Carter is in Charlottetown with Cole once again." Ellis grumbled. "And James has met a 'lovely lady'" Ellis paused. "His words. So he has taken her out for tea." Ellis chuckled at the thought of such a hyperactive boy sitting calmly for tea and discussing things such as the decorations and the weather.

"Ooh. I can't wait to hear about her." Mary chuckle. "So tell me, about you and Gilbert."

"What's there to tell?" Ellis questioned with a small smile but Mary gave her a look. "I'm conflicted Mary." She paused and thought about her words. "He has always being there for me. He's my best friend."

"But you love him." Mary finished. Ellis slowly nodded. Her cheeks were bright red from embarrassment, Ofcourse Mary knew.

"Tell him." Mary stated as if it was simple.

"I-"

"Make sure you tell him Ellis, before you lose him." Ellis nodded.

Ellis couldn't think of anything worse than losing Gilbert. He was everything and more to her.