45

Carter was panicking as he ran after Cole

Carter was panicking as he ran after Cole. He wanted to make sure that he was okay.

Carter wrapped his arms around the boy as he heaved, he wasn't sure if he was crying or hyperventilating but his height and strong arms held him into his chest to calm him.

"Everything I care about is gone. No sculpting, no school, I don't think there's a place for me here. I don't think there's any place for me in this world." Cole cried, into Carters chest. All the words he spoke were muffled and yet Carter understood them all.

"It's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it. And you bring so much." Carter paused, nervously, placing a light kiss on his head. "We will figure it out. Alright? We will."

~

Ellis decided not to go to school, she was too scared about what the other students were going to say about her and what happened to Billy. So instead she stayed at home with James.

James wasn't too happy about her decision about skipping school, but he always supported her no matter what.

The house seemed empty and quiet now that Ernest, Franklin, Patrick and Reuben had left. She hoped that they were all okay. She often snook into their rooms just to familiarise herself with their scents.

"Do you hate me James?" Ellis questioned as she looked up at him with a small smile.

"I could never Ellie." He ruffled up her long brown hair. "What makes you ask that?"

"Everyone at school hates me. All but Gilbert anyway. Pops hated me. Mom probably hated me, after all I killed her. Dad probably hated me for killing h-"

"Ellis Carla Bennett!" James snapped. Ellis coward away. "You did not kill our mother! Do you understand me?" Timidly, Ellis nodded. "I don't want to hear you say that ever again." James ran his hands through his wavy hair, that he inherited from his mother.

Ellis looked a lot like their mother, wavy long hair and pale skin. Ellis also had a single mole on her forehead, just like her mother. She also inherited a lot of features from their father too, a cheeky grin, brown hair, brown eyes and dimples.

"I understand. I'm sorry James." She whispered.

"It's okay Ellis." James said as he pulled her into his side and gave her arm three light squeezes.

"I love you too." She mumbled up to him.