69

"Hello again, dear world

"Hello again, dear world." Miss Stacy said as she took a seat. Gilbert was just reading the newspaper to Ellis.

"Medical research at The Sorbonne in Paris. Funny, Dr.Ward mentioned antitoxins last month." Gilbert said glancing to Ellis. He pointed at the paper so that she knew where he was reading it from.

"What's an antitoxin?" Anne questioned as she picked up a newspaper for herself.

"It's a new kind of preventative medicine. Seems to actually be working, from the looks of it, even though Dr. Ward called it "nonsense."" Gilbert explained.

"Most people have a hard time trusting new ideas. The Sorbonne is an excellent university." Miss Stacy said looking up from the paper.

"Yeah, and thousands of miles and dollars away." Gilbert sighed.

"I know a doctor named Emily Oak who's doing similar work at the University of Toronto." Miss Stacy mumbled. Ellis grabbed Gilbert's hand and began to fiddle with his fingers.

"A female doctor?" Anne questioned excitedly.

"Perhaps you could write to her, Gilbert. I expect she could guide you toward Canadian universities specializing in medical research." Miss Stacy suggested.

Ellis let out a sigh, she hated the idea of her and Gilbert going to different universities.

"Thank you. I'll take you up on that." Gilbert smiled.

"Oh, just look at these obituaries. So many incredible lives. Reading these makes me wish my own parents had been remembered the same way so I might've known something about them."

Ellis tried her hardest to blink back her tears at the thought of Mary. Anne had clearly noticed.

"Perhaps we should write an obituary for Mary in the Avonlea Gazette. For Delphine. And you, Ellis." Ellis looked up to Anne with a sad smile.

"That's a lovely idea." Miss Stacy complimented.

"It is. I'll ask Bash, see what he thinks about it." Gilbert smiled.

"Anne! You're on the board! Charlie "noticed you"!" Diana ran in and smiled at the pair. "You too Ellis. I think that it is Moody."

Gilbert clenched his jaw and tried his hardest not to get mad. Ellis began to blush and hid her face in Gilbert's shoulder.

"So you've been noticed." Gilbert said once Diana and Anne left.

"Yeah." Ellis didn't really have much to say, she didn't want Moody to be the one who 'noticed' her.

She wanted it to be Gilbert.