Differences (S.R.)

"Maybe Tony's right," Nat spoke up, "If we have one hand on the wheel we can still steer. If we take it off-"

"Weren't you the one who told the government to kiss our ass a few years ago?" Sam interrupted.

"I'm just- I'm reading the terrain," She began again, "We have made some very public mistakes we need to win their trust back."

"Focus up," Tony said, "I'm sorry, did I just miss hear you or did you agree with me?"

"Oh, I want to take it back."

"No no no, you can't retract it. Unprecentendeted. Okay, case closed. I win." Tony spoke up again moving his finger.

"I have to go." Steve said immediatly getting up and walking away. I looked at Nat who was sitting next to me and we both had worried looks.

"I'll go," I said lightly and got up following him. I saw him down the stairway with his fingers pinching his temple. I slowly walked down until I was next to him. "Steve," I began lightly, "Is everything alright?" I asked lightly. He lightly shook his head.

"Just leave me alone, please." he said in an authoratative tone.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes!" He nearly yelled. I looked at him with shock in my eyes. I lightly nodded and walked back up as my eyes began to gloss over.

"What's going on-" Nat began and everyone looked at me as I began walking to our room.

"I have no fucking clue." I told them honestly and crossed my arms before continuing on. I got to the room and laid on the bed. Did I do something wrong, I thought, it was my fault, was it? I heard a small knock at the door, so I went to answer it. It was Nat. "Hey," I said in a small voice. She immediatly grabbed me into a hug and shut the door.

"We all heard Steve," She said, "He shouldn't have yelled at you especially in that tone.

"I don't know what I did wrong."

"I highly doubt you did anything wrong." Nat said, "We all know you're more innocent than Steve which should say something." I lightly giggled at her joke.

"I just don't know what's up with him." I said running the ring around my finger.

"Clearly something pretty bad." I nodded.

"He'll be fine within the next few hours I'm sure." I said hopefully. Nat sighed and looked down.

"How do you do it?" She asked, looking back up at me.

"Do- do what?" I asked confused.

"Remain so positive about everything," She said, "Everyone's fighting, your boyfriend just yelled at you for who knows what reason, and now you're still looking on the bright side. How?"

"Um," I began, unsure how to answer the question, "Because if you don't remain positive you have nothing." I told her honestly and she nodded. We sat in silence for a few moments before she got up.

"I'm going to head back down and see what the boys are arguing about now." She said and rolled her eyes as I chuckled and nodded.

A few hours later Steve finally arrived in our room as I was reading a book. I immediatly placed it down and had my full attention on him as he leaned on the doorway and watched me, "I'm-um, I'm really sorry," he began, "I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"It's okay." I said nicely, "I know you were just upset." He smiled a little, "Wanna talk about it?" I asked him, moving over on our bed to make room for him. He came and sat next to me.

"Well," He began, "Peggy, um, passed away." He said and looked down.

"Oh," I said looking down too. I knew she was incredibly important to Steve. "I'm really sorry." I said and took his hand in mine. He nodded slightly. "Is there anything I can do?" he shook his head. Within minutes though, his head was in my lap. He was crying. I lightly brushed my fingers through his hair as he let it all out.

After about half an hour of that, he finally got out of it. "Thank you." He mumbled as he arose from his good cry. I lightly smiled at him and brushed my hand down his cheek.

"Anytime love," I told him before we kissed. "Do you feel any better?"

"A little." He admitted.

"It's going to take time," I told him, "Ready to go back down and argue some more?" I asked. He chuckled and sighed.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

It was three more hours of debating and everyone had spoken. Except me. That was because I knew if I told Steve the truth, that I wasn't on his side, he would be devastated. And he was already devastated due to Peggy.

"What about you, Y/N?" Tony asked.

"Oh," I responded, "I- I need more time to think."

"It's been three hours, I think you've had more than enough time to think."

"Tony-" Nat began.

"No, let her talk." He immediatly interrupted her. At this point, everyone was looking at me.

"I- um- I agree with the accords." I told them honestly. I looked up and saw a shocked face on Tony, but Steve had one that definitely out beat his. Then Steve got up and left. Just left. "Shit," I mumbled and began following him. I went to our room where I knocked on the door, "Steve?" I asked through the wood. No response, "Steve," I said a little louder and knocked again. Then the door opened and there he was. "Can I come in?" I asked and nodded once.

There were a few moments of awkward silence before I spoke. "I- um, I know today has been really difficult for you. And I just want to know I'll be by your side always." I said.

"You didn't think that when you chose Tony's team." I sighed.

"Steve, that's different."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is. That's politics, this is personal." He huffed.

"Just-" He began, "I don't know how far this will go. But please, don't leave me over this." He said looking down at his own hands.

"I won't if you wont," I responded grabbing one of his hands with my own, "I promise."