Best breakup ever (S.R.)

"What's been up with Y/N?" Natasha asked as she sat down with the rest of the Avengers in the common room. Steve's head immediatly shot up.

"I don't know," Clint answered and leaned back, "She's been acting strange all day?"

"Strange?" Steve inquired as his mind starting filling with concerns and questions.

"Yeah strange," Natasha continued, "She's just not bubbly, cheery Y/N that makes everyone's days tolerable."

"Who are we talking about?" Tony walked in to grab a drink.

"Y/N," Clint said.

"Yeah, she's been a little off her usual game today." He sighed, "And considering I noticed, that should mean it's really bad."

"What's wrong?" Bruce now entered.

"Y/N," Tony responded.

"Not that I usually get into this stuff but," Bruce began, "She hasn't given me that full Y/N smile today. When she did it was forced, I could just tell." They all nodded as Steve still sat there confused.

"Is Capsicle concerned about his little crush?" Tony pouted mockingly. Steve blushed slightly before glaring at him.

"This isn't funny Tony." Steve spat back.

"If you're going to take it very seriously then go talk to her," Tony argued.

"This needs to be taken seriously regardless. Y/N's important to this team."

"But technically, she's my assistant." Tony flaunted further.

"But she is incredibly important Stark," Nat defended Steve, "She's helped everyone on this team, and quite honestly doesn't get paid what she deserves." They all nodded.

"So what should I do, give her a raise?"

"That comes later, Tony," Nat continued, "First we need to find out what's going on with her. I'll go talk to her." She got up and marched to the office Tony had set up for you.

-Your POV-

I sat in my chair attempting to absorb myself in the work Tony had given me, as well as some of the favors I was filling for the various Avengers. I didn't work for them, only for Tony, but I've always loved helping people out. And this is a small way to help Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I heard a knock on my door as someone came in. "Hey Y/N!" Nat smiled.

"Hey Nat," I responded and gave her the biggest smile I could.

"So what's going on?" She sat one of the two chairs positioned on the other side of my desk.

"Not too much, work," I said, "What about you?"

"Oh nothing," She said, "So what's been going on in your life besides work?" I gulped.

"Um, nothing," I said and continued to type and not make eye contact with her.

"Really?" She asked, in a slightly accusatory tone.

"Really, yeah," I said. "Why do you ask?" I was going to regret this.

"Just," She began, "To be honest, all of us care about you so much and have noticed that you've been a little bit off today, and we wanted to check in on you." I sighed and looked down, unsure of how to respond, "You can tell us anything, you know that right?" I nodded.

"Well, honestly," I began, "My boyfriend, Lance, and I broke up last night." I sighed and tried to put on a smile as she looked at me in shock.

"Oh, I'm really sorry." She said, "Would it go to fat to ask why?"

"No," I began, "He cheated on me." I tried to smile but a tear fell down.

"Oh, sweetheart I'm so sorry." She came over and gave me a hug.

"It's fine Nat," I told her, "I just- it's gonna take time to get over this ya know? Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've been cheated on so I'll just figure it out."

"Not the first time?" She asked, "Like by him or others?"

"He's the second boyfriend that's cheated on me," I began to cry a little more, "I don't know. I may just take a break until I find the right one." She nodded.