Picnic (S.R.)

(A/N: @saibest2000 suggested this imagine. I've had this suggestion for a long while and just haven't gotten to it but since I'm facing a little writer's block at the moment I thought I would write it now. Also, if anyone has requests they're still open! Just DM me.)

"Dad, will you please play catch with me?" Our 8-year-old Ethan begged Steve.

"Sure." He sighed and got up. Baseball season was starting soon and Ethan was positive he was going to be the best on the team, putting Steve against his own will to help him prepare.

"Can I play too?" Our youngest, Zoe, asked.

"C'mon kiddo," Steve said and put her on his shoulders, causing her to squeal. I sat back and smiled at the three of them. It was pretty adorable to see Steve interact with our kids.

I soon sat back and continued reading my book, finally I got some relaxing time. Within minutes though, screams erupted. I immediatly looked up to see Zoe on the ground crying and Steve picking her up trying to comfort her, then bringing her over to me. "What happened baby?" I asked her as Steve set her down next to me.

"I-I trip-ped Mom-my." She said as tears streamed down her face.

"I'm sorry Zo," I said and pouted with her, "Can you sure me where it hurts?" She pointed to her knee. I gave it a small kiss. "Is the boo-boo better?" She wiped her tears and got up soon running off her to play with her brother again. I saw Steve chuckling out of the corner of my eye, "Hey!" I snapped and he immediatly stopped, "That's our daughter."

"I know," he sighed and sat down on the blanket next to me, "It's just really cute to see her interact with you like that."

"She still loves her daddy more," I said and looked at him. He nodded well aware of there special bond. "C'mon Ethan it's time for lunch!" I called out. He groaned.

"But I wanna play catch mom!" He exclaimed.

"You can play after we eat." He was hesitant.

"Ethan, listen to your mother," Steve warned in his authoritative voice which finally got the kids running to where our blanket was set out.

"Thank you," I whispered to Steve and he smiled. We began eating our basic sandwiches and fruit but was soon interrupted by Bucky and Nat's arrival.

"Uncle Buck!" Ethan yelled and got up, running to where he was.

"Hey buddy," Bucky said and picked him up swinging him around. "How's baseball coming?" He asked.

"Great!" Ethan said excitedly, "Will you practice with me after lunch?"

"Of course," Bucky said as the three of them came walking over to us. "Couldn't wait, could ya?" Bucky smiled and set Ethan down watching the four of us eat.

"She's feeding for two," Steve glanced between my growing stomach and me, "And she's the boss."

"How are you doll?" Bucky asked as I got up to hug him.

"Great Buck, how about you?"

"Couldn't be better." He smiled.

"Hey, Nat." I smiled and hugged her. "How's your little one coming along?" I asked and put my hands on her partially swollen stomach.

"Never thought I would be here," She said sighing and looking down, "But Bucky got me into this." He rolled his eyes.

"Jerk," Steve mumbled as he and Bucky hugged.

"Punk," Bucky mumbled back.

"Hey, Dad?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, Bud?" Steve responded full attention on him.

"Why do you and Uncle Bucky call each other mean names?" There was a minute of pondering between the two men.

"Well, it's a joke buddy," Steve explained at the two sat back down with Ethan, "Sometimes friends make fun of each other because they're okay with it because it's funny."

"But isn't making fun of other people mean?"

"When they don't like it, yes, but if the person is okay with it then you can make jokes."

"Oh, okay then." He smiled as the two smiled back. Soon enough the kids went to play with Bucky and Steve.

"Have you two found out the gender yet?" Nat asked me, the two of us sitting next to each other.

"No," I said, "Steve and I want it to be a surprise. And we don't really care what gender it is. We have a boy and a girl." She nodded. "Have you guys thought of any names for your little boys?" I asked.

"I want to name him James, but Bucky's still on the fence about it." I nodded.

"I think having a Bucky and a Bucky Jr. would be cute."

"That's what I said, but he's really unsure." I sighed.

"He'll come around eventually," I said and looked at them playing with the kids, "You are the one giving birth to him too, you get some brownie points for that." She chuckled.

"I hope I do." We continued talking about mom stuff. Nat and Bucky were looking for a new house in the suburbs, in our neighborhood outside of New York. They wanted to be close to us so our kids would grow up together, which all of us were excited for. "Bucky and I found one with a pool, but they're charging almost 20 grand moe just for that amenity."

"Steve and I have a pool," I said, "I mean if you guys want it then buy it, but if you don't you could always use ours." Just as that happened we looked up at saw our two husbands rolling in the grass together. "They're literally six-year-olds." I looked at Nat.

"I know right." She sighed. "You know you two are doing your own laundry after this, right?" Nat yelled as the two of them got up and whined. Finally, all four of them came back over and sat down as we began wrapping up the picnic.

"Steven if you get grass on my leather seats you're cleaning it off," I said as we got in the car.

"Fine," He whined, "I'll do it when we get home."