Aunt Flow (B.B.)

This was the worst possible timing for your Aunt Flow to decide and visit. But then again, you're on her schedule. Not your own.

So you laid across your king-sized bed in your Brooklyn apartment, the AC on max despite the cool 60-degree weather outside, your feet propped up on the cold brick wall that your bed frame backed up onto. And right now, you thanked your and Bucky's choice on apartment solely for that wall.

You had also decided to take the entire day off work. The cramps you received were unbearable, to a point where you could barely stand. And usually, if Bucky weren't on a mission, he would be by your side rubbing your lower stomach to soothe the cramps, running and grabbing you a painkiller, and buying you any food you wanted regardless of the nutrition or lack thereof.

So the entire day you were curled into a fetal position on the bed, in nothing but shorts and a loose t-shirt, with the TV on trying to distract yourself from the reoccurring cramps. The only time you had truly gotten up was to grab more painkillers, to get more snacks, or when your Postmates came to deliver your two orders of chicken tenders and fries, which you downed in about ten minutes.

That was until it was 11, and you passed out. You just wanted to sleep after being awake for the entire day. You downed a few strong painkillers, in hopes you would actually get some rest.

Bucky walked in at one in the morning, slowly creeping in. He had taken a shower and changed out of uniform at the tower, fixing some of his minor injuries as well, so only a slight bruise next to his right eye remained. He heard you stirring in the bedroom as he approached the door, slowly pushing it open trying to ensure he wouldn't wake you. But of course, it did. "Bucky?" You groaned and propped yourself on your elbows, your eyelids still dropping over your eyes.

"Hey, doll," He lightly smiled, "What're you doing up?" He asked very soothingly, sitting next to you and placing a kiss on your lips.

"I couldn't sleep." You sighed, "I'm on my period."

"I'm sorry doll," He began rubbing your back, "I'm gonna change into sweats, I promise after that I'll rub your stomach alright?" You nodded and rolled onto your side of the bed so you were now on your back, as Bucky went to his closet quickly fetching some and placing them on. He was jogging back over to his side of the bed moments later.

He took his large warm hand, slowly moving it in circles on your lower stomach. You lightly moaned in pleasure. "Thanks, Bucky," You mumbled and began falling asleep for the first time in a while.

"Of course doll," He lightly smiled, "Try to go to bed, okay? You deserve it."

"Mhm," You mumbled, closing your eyes and going to bed.

The next day you woke up, Bucky out of bed but the smell of breakfast in the air. You sat up, letting out a small groan and making your way down the cold hardwood floors and to the kitchen. "Hey gorgeous," Bucky smiled at you, moving from the stove to where you were, giving you a kiss. "How'd you sleep."

"Good," You sighed, looking at the array of food Bucky had begun to prepare, "Thanks for making breakfast."

"Anything for you sweetheart." He smiled again. Bucky had made more food than normal, which you knew was due to the large appetite you routinely had during your period. You could scarf down loads of food at once, and not gain all that much weight during the time.

"These are really good," You told him as you took a huge bite of the pancakes he made you, "Granted you make good food Buck."

"Thanks, babe," He smiled. Just then, another cramp hit you. You flinched a little bit, cringing at the searing pain through your lower abdomen. "You alright?"

"Yeah," You sighed, "Just another cramp."

"It's okay, love." He grabbed your hand and gave it a little squeeze, "We'll curl up and watch movies all day."

"Thanks, Buck." You smiled, placing your head on his shoulder.

You helped him clean up from breakfast and place some dishes away, as well as putting others in the dishwasher, and shortly after resorting to the couch to pick something to entertain the two of you. "How about Star Wars?"

"No," You mumbled, "We've seen that over and over."

"Alright, what about Disney?"

"Depends on which one."

"Well," He sighed, "We haven't seen Up in a while."

"Yeah, Up," You said, "That's a good movie."

Two hours later, you were curled into Bucky's side sobbing into some poor tissues. "Russel never really had a dad but now Carl is, and Doug can freaking talk!" You cried, "The dog can talk Bucky!"

"I know, Doug can talk." He ran his fingers through your hair trying to calm you down.

"Can we get a Dough that talks?"

"I don't know sweetheart," He sighed, "Usually dogs don't talk."

"But, can Tony work on a collar like Doug and the other dogs had?" You asked, looking up at him, "One that can make them talk?"

"I don't know baby," He said, "That may be hard ya know and Tony's very busy-"

"But Bucky!" You said, "The dog talks!"

"I know," He said, "But there aren't really any talking dogs in the real world-"

"Please, Bucky?" You pouted.

"I'll ask." He finally huffed. He was aware these were all just hormones going off, and these thoughts and ideas would fade away soon enough. So he agreed with it for the time being.

"Can we get burgers for dinner?"

"I don' know doll," He said, "They're a little unhealthy-"

"Are you kidding me?" You snapped and got up to face him, "I just want a burger and you think it's unhealthy? Do you think I care? I'm in pain right now, James Buchannan Barnes, so you are going to get me a burger within the next hour or you will be sleeping on the cold hardwood floor tonight. Okay?" He looked at you for a brief moment in absolute shock before getting up and nodding his head to grab his phone.

After he ordered he came back to the living room where you were laying over the couch, with a blanket over you. "Bucky, I'm sorry I-" You genuinely felt bad after snapping so harshly after him.

"It's okay baby," He said, sitting next to you, "You're hungry and your hormones are all over the place. It's okay to snap a little."

"I love you a lot Bucky." You smiled, grabbing his hand in yours.

"I love you too," He sighed, "Even though you snapped at me over burgers."