Protective Pt. 2 (S.R.)

"Tonight was wonderful," I told Steve as we rode the elevator up to our floors, "Thank you," I said and we both smiled.

"It was my pleasure to bring such a beautiful woman out tonight." I blushed at his comments. We stopped at his floor first, it was closest. "Would you like to come in?"

"I wouldn't want to be a bother-"

"You would be anything but that." He reassured.

"Alright then." I smiled as he grabbed my hand, leading me in. I had never been on Steve's floor, but it was very Steve. It was classy and minimalistic, unlike my chic floor. "It's really nice." I commented.

"Thanks," He said, "Tony had a different idea for it, but I kinda took over."

"Tony tends to have his own ideas for everything." he chuckled. We walked over to his kitchen area which looked extremely clean, almost never used. Mine is the opposite, I cooked for myself and others whenever I could. He pulled out some wine and poured us two glasses. We began walking towards the living room when I slightly slipped. I thankfully didn't fall, but the glass slipped right out of my hand and onto the hardwood floors. "Oh my gosh, Steve I'm so so sorry!" I said amidst a slight panic. He put his glass down. "I'm really really sorry!"

"Hey, hey," He calmed me down and put his hands on my arms, "There's nothing to worry about, alright? We'll just grab a broom and dustpan okay?" I nodded as he jogged to one of his closets to retrieve it. He came back and gave me the broom to sweep it up as he held the pan. He also put a few paper towels down to absorb the wine, "See, simple." He said and smiled, throwing the shards away. I lightly smiled.

"Let me grab another glass-"

"Are you sure?" I asked he turned around with a confused look, "Just- I feel like I'm being a burden maybe I should go." He stopped me for a moment.

"You're absolutely not," he insisted, "Accidents happen, please don't worry about it." He grabbed me another glass, this time I held it must more carefully. We sat down on his couch, my legs crossed and his arm limped across the back. We talked for what felt like a half-hour but ended up turning to two. After a good laugh about the time I slipped in the middle of a mission and laid there for 5 minutes, we both looked at each other. Our eyes met, his beautiful baby blue ones and mine.

His orbs briefly moved down to glance at my lips, before moving back up to my eyes. He slowly leaned in and so did I. His lips slowly captured mine, and they moved in tandem for a few seconds before pulling away. "I've wanted to do that for a long time," he admitted and I chuckled. "Will you give me the honor, Ms. Y/L/N, to bring you out again." I smiled and lightly laughed.

"Of course, Captain Rogers." I could see his jaw tighten as his official name slipped out of my mouth, my eyebrows rose. "So that's what you like?"

"What?" He asked I had just discovered Captain America's kink.

"Oh, nothing," I smirked and began walking out. "Next Friday at 8?" I said and walked into the elevator, him still confused.

"Yeah, o-of course," he said, figuring out what I meant. He turned a bright red in embarrassment. I smirked again as the elevator doors closed.