Captain Ameribear (S.R.)

"Avery! Avery!" Steve called up the stairs in an attempt to get out 15 year old out from her room.

"What dad?" She asked and stepped out of her room, arms crossed.

"It's time to go. Where's your stuff?" She let out a long huff and went to retriever her luggage. She brought out the pink (excuse me, rose gold) bag and her backpack, handing the larger one to Steve to put in the trunk.

"What were you doing up there anyways?" I asked her.

"Facetiming Kate." She answered and went back on her phone. I rolled my eyes. Teenagers.

"C'mon kiddo it's time to go." Steve said and shut the trunk as she got into the back.

You may be wondering, how does Steve Rogers have a 15 year old daughter in 2024? Good question.

I was a single mom working at SHIELD and barely keeping my head above going under water with no money. I met Steve around a year after he came out of the ice, and only a few weeks after the New York attacks. He was always so sweet and caring and so kind. Finally, Natasha told me he was falling for me. And I could easily say the same to him.

He asked me out on a date. Then another. Then another. On the third date I finally told him I had a 3 year old daughter at home. And I would understand if that was a relationship breaker. It had been with a lot of other guys.

"So where's Averys dad?" He nervously asked as we walked in a nearby park.

"Oh, um-" I said and looked down, "He um- he left." Steve gave me a shocked look.

"He- he left?" I nodded, it was then a few moments of awkward silence, "I'm really sorry I asked I-"

"It's okay." I told him, "You've been the only guy I've met to even be remotely interested in Avery."

It took him a few weeks for him to build up the courage to go and meet Avery. He came into our New York apartment, and there she was. My little joyous girl. She had a big smile plastered on her face, and Steve smiled back. Soon enough they were best friends.

That was when I knew he was the one. It wasn't even a week after their play date I told him I loved him. He told me he loved me too.

And since then we've had a lot of rough times to go through. First it was SHIELD being infiltrated by HYDRA. He was in the hospital unconscious for 3 weeks, possibly the most emotionally challenging 28 days of my life.

Next was Ultron. That wasn't nearly as bad as the next one though.

Then hit his dispute with Tony. And he left us. For two years. I thought the same thing had happened with Averys father. Maybe her and I were too much for him to handle so he left. And I gave up my love life too.

But then he came back. It was heart wrenching but at least I knew he still loved me. Because I still loved him too. And Avery was elated as well.

"Daddy!" I heard her feet putter towards the front door.

"Hi princess." I heard his voice. Steve's voice. I dropped the knife I was using to chop up some vegetable and walked around the corner to see the love of my life.

"Daddy you look shabby." She said and rubbed his hair. He chuckled. He gently placed her down as she ran off to grab a stuffed animal of some type.

"Hi darling." He said and approached me.

"Steve?" I muttered as my eyes began filling with tears. He leaned down and gently kissed me as I ran my hand though his new beard.

"I missed you." He said and released.

"I missed you too."

"Daddy, Mommy got me a Captain America teddy bear because I missed you and so she said I could hug it whenever I missed you because you would be there." She said holding the bear up to him as he looked down in astonishment.

"Really?" He asked and kneeled down next to her. She nodded excitedly.

"I missed you a lot daddy."

"I missed you a lot too baby girl." He said and engulfed her in another hug, this time picking her up and swinging her around causing her to laugh. "Now why don't you go get some toys to show daddy while I help mommy with some dinner." She nodded and ran off to her play room. He looked at me with glossy eyes. "Did you really do that?" He asked and I nodded.

"She hugged it a lot." I said and wiped some more tears away.

Now here we are, modern day. Post Infinity War when everything went to shambles. At least the three of us, oh and Marshmallow the corgi (Averys tenth birthday present) we're still standing strong.

But we made our yearly visits to Tony. He was my brother, after all, and he and Steve were 90% made up from their fight.

Avery was sprawled out in the second row listening to music and napping with Marsh right next to her, curled up in his own C shape. "They're really adorable." Steve said, looking back in the rear view mirror.

"They really are." I responded and smiled. He grabbed me hand and used the other to steer as we made our way to the exit for Tony and Peppers cabin.

"I still want you to grow out your hair." I said and looked up, admiring his beautiful golden blonde locks. He chuckled.

"Maybe," he said. "Isn't it long enough though?"

"Yeah, but it looks super sexy when it's wet." he chuckled again.

"Thanks." He said and smiled at me.

"I love you." I said and placed my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too." He said and kissed the top of my head, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"The PDA in here is a little too much." I heard Avery say from behind us. Steve rolled his eyes.

"Technically, we're not in public." I told her.

"Yeah, well I'm here." She said and smirked.

"We can't get a moment of peace, can we?" Steve asked her.

"Nope." She responded, "My job is to annoy you two."

"Well you tend to do an excellent job with it-" he said.

"Thanks." She said and smiled.

"And with other people too." Steve finished.

"Hey!" She snapped at Steve and I laughed.

(A/N: Pt. 2?)