The Breakup and Break In (C.E.)

I still saw Chris over the fence. He would lightly smile and I would do the same back.

I would still sometimes see him through my bedroom window. He would look from his and give me his adorable smile, and I would try and give my best one back.

But as the days went on, the smiles got harder and harder to plaster on my face.

I'm still 17, stupid, young. This is supposed to be the times you make mistakes. But the mistake I made was a huge one. And I knew it.

It was the Evans start of summer barbeque. My family and I had gone every year. And every year Chris and I would hang out, sometime the entire friend group would come and we would play different games and just have a good time.

This year seemed to be the same as the rest, but for Chris and me it was different. Much, much different.

"So how're things going with you and... him." He began as we sat on the edge of his deck together.

"Alright." I responded and looked down.

"Just alright?" He asked and looked at me. I nodded, "I thought everything was perfect in Y/N and Jackson world."

"Yeah, well, perfect can go downhill pretty fast."

"Care to explain?" He asked and turned towards me. I sighed.

"He's just um-" I began, "Just, very-"

"Say it Y/N."

"He's pressuring me." I said and his eyebrow rose, "A lot. To do things that I don't want to do and to believe things I don't want to believe but that I'm starting to believe."

"Like what?" He asked and looked me up and down.

"Ya know the whole 'Y/F/N Y/L/N got skinny' shit that was going around?" I asked. He nodded.

"Well you did lose weight, but you were skinny before." I lightly smiled.

"Yeah, well I starved myself for two weeks to lose 10 pounds because according to Jackson I looked like a pig." I looked down in shame. I waited a few seconds before looking up at Chris whose eyes were wide and mouth open. "And I started wearing a lot of makeup because according to him I'm not beautiful in any way without any on." There were a few moments of silence.

"What else has he done?" Chris spoke up, his voice serious.

"He um-" I began, "He's pressuring me to, ya know, do it with him."

"I swear I'll kill him if-"

"Chris, no," I began, "Just promise me you'll keep this a secret. I'm breaking up with him soon but I don't want people to know why."

"How soon?" He asked.

"Monday." I said and he nodded.

.

"Hey, Jackson?" I asked him quietly as he was talking with his friends. "Jackson?" I asked again, this time louder. Still no response, "Jackson!"

"What?" He snapped at me. I backed away slightly.

"Could we talk, in private, maybe?" He reluctantly nodded and came with me just around the corner. "Jackson I- I can't do this anymore." He looked confused, "I can't be apart of this relationship. I'm breaking up with you." I stood strong. He looked shocked at first, and then I could see anger surge through him. He stormed away and into the cafeteria. "Jackson wait-" I began.

"What a slut!" He yelled and everyone looked over. As in, the entire school, "You think it's okay to break up with me? ME? Just like that-"

"Hey!" Someone else yelled from behind me, "Leave her alone!" I looked back to see Chris walking over to us. Jackson smiled.

"So you left me for your little boy toy next door?"

"No, I did not. Chris has absolutely nothing to do with this." I said firmly.

"Just leave her alone." Chris said firmly as he stepped to the side of me.

"I'll leave her alone-" Then he punched Chris. Right in the jaw. Everyone 'oohed'. Only Chris's head went down, nothing else did (thankfully). He came back up and immediatly punched Jackson back, and his whole body plunged on the floor.

.

"Hi Ms. Evans, may I speak with Chris?" I asked when she answered the front door. She lightly smiled and nodded, before letting me in. I thanked her, before going up to his room. I lightly knocked at the door and received a 'come in' call. I slowly creaked the door open and stepped him. He lightly smiled when he saw me, an ice pack placed on the area of his jaw that was impacted by the fight. "Hi." I light said and shut the door.

"Hi." He responded.

"I came to apologize for-"

"You don't need to apologize." He interrupted.

"Yeah but it's my fault and-"

"It's not your fault. Jackson should've never said any of those things to you."

"Yeah but-"

"No buts. It's not your fault." I sat down on his bed.

"Thank you." I said and lightly smiled at him.

"The dick deserved it." I chuckled at him. We sat in a few moments of silence before I spoke up.

"Chris?" I asked and he looked up. I was about to pour my heart and soul and every feeling I had about him out and was extremely nervous. I knew I had to do it, it was the least I could do after he stuck up for me, "I wanted to tell you that I-" Before I could finish his lips came crashing on mine. It felt sweet and kind, yet also anxious and needed. We eventually stopped and tested our foreheads together.

"I've waited too long to do that." He said and I smiled.

"So have I." I responded and ran my fingers through his hair. We kissed again for what felt like hours but was only a few minutes. "We should keep this under the radar." I told him.

"We should." He agreed.

"Too late!" Scott came busting in through the door, "You two loves birds are going to be everywhere in a few days." He smiled. Chris and I looked him shock.

"You're going to regret that-" Chris hopped off his bed and went to tackle Scott, the poor boy barely dodging it before the chase began. I just laughed at their stupidity.