The Switch (S.R.)

It was the first Stark party that I would be going to in almost a year. Well, since Steve ended things. "Nat!" I squealed when I saw her and gave her a hug, her giving one back.

"Y/N! You look so good!" She said admiring my black dress, "We miss you so much!"

"I miss you all too." I slightly pouted, "Oh, this, by the way, is Jacob." I said pulling my boyfriend up to me her.

"It's a pleasure." She said as he shook her hand.

"The pleasure's all mine." He responded and smiled.

"Well I'll let you two go and see the rest of the team." She said and smiled, right as she began walking away she whispered, "He's a keeper." And smiled. I smiled back.

We walked a short way to find Tony, then off to a few of the other members. "Hey doll." I heard Bucky say. I turned around and smiled, as he smiled back.

"Buck!" I exclaimed and hugged him. "You look so great!"

"So do you!" he said and we both smiled again like fools. He looked at Jacob and lightly smiled, "James," He said and held his hand out for him to shake, "But everyone calls me Bucky."

"Jacob," He responded and shook it, "It's a pleasure."

"Likewise." Bucky finished up, "Well I better get going to make sure Sams not being an idiot." I lightly nodded and chuckled as he drifted his way off.

As we were talking to Tony, I saw someone staring at us out of the corner of my eye. I glimpsed over to see Steve Rogers glaring at me from across the crowded floor of the party. I wanted to roll my eyes, but prevented myself.

I ignored him for a few moments before I heard his voice, "Hey Stark," He greeted behind me.

"Hey Capsicle." Tony responded and smiled. Shit, I thought.

"Hey Y/N!" He tried to greet as if he hadn't just been staring at me.

"Hey Steve," I greeted back as we half hugged each other, "Long time no see." I sighed.

"I could say the same here," He said and glanced at Jacob.

"Oh yes, this is Jacob. My boyfriend." I stated clearly. I could see his shoulder and jaw tense up as the word boyfriend came out of my mouth.

"Jacob," He stuck his hand out. Steve looked down at it and back at me not even budging to shake it. Dick.

"Y/N, could I talk to you in private a moment. I briefly cleared my throat, before handing my hand of to Jacob and giving him a light nod to let him know everything was fine.

"Sure," I followed him. We went down a few hallways before we found a secluded corner with no one within earshot. "What do you want?" I spat out.

"What do I want?" He asked and sarcastically chuckled. "For you not to be around other men."

"Says the one who cheated on me!" I whispered yelled. He sighed.

"Also known as the greatest mistake of my life."

"Why? Because Sharon Carter left you in the dust right after I left your cheating ass?" He darkly and sarcastically chuckled again before slamming me into the wall.

"No it's because I lost you, the fucking love of my life!" He grumbled as my heart began racing, don't look in his eyes, don't look in his eyes, don't look in his eyes... and of course I did and all my feelings came rushing back. Idiot.

Within a matter of seconds our lips were crashed on one another's as my body was up against the same wall, his pressing heavily against mine. "God you're beautiful." He said in between kisses as he ran his hands up and down my curves. I stopped him for a moment.

"What about Jacob?" I said in between breaths.

"What about him?"

"Steve!" I snapped, "I don't want to cheat on him! I know what it feels like and it's not good." He sighed.

"Fair point." He let me go.

"Just-" I stuttered as my mind tried to figure out what it was going to do. "Give me 24 hours, then meet at my apartment okay?" He nodded as I ran off fixing myself to get back to the party.

As I entered I quickly felt someone grab my wrist and pull me back to them, "You might wanna use some of the perfume in my room," Nat whispered into my ear, "You smell like him." She smirked. I looked back with my mouth agape before quickly jogging off to her room, entering the code, and of course using her perfume.

I quickly walked out again to be greeted by Jacob, "Ready to go?" He asked and I faked a light smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, of course." We quickly said our goodbyes and Nat continued to smirk at me knowing what happened.

.

"I'm sorry I can't do this anymore," I told Jacob once we got back to my apartment. He have a confused look, "I'm breaking up with you." He put his head down and smirked. "What?"

"It's due to Steve isn't it?" He asked and looked up.

"What no-"

"Yeah, I get it. I mean he is quite the man."

"Jacob this has nothing to do with you I-"

"Don't worry about it," He said and grabbed his coat, "It's understandable." I sighed as he shut the door and I soon looked it, placing my hand on my temple. Please come over, I texted Steve, I need you.

Already on my way. He responded.

Within 15 minutes I heard a knock on my door. I ran over and unlocked it, letting him in. Immediately his lips were attacking mine as he soon closed the door and locked it. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried the two of us into my bedroom. Tonight's going to be fun, I lightly smiled at the though in between kisses, Very fun.