A Doggone Good Christmas (S.R.)

A/N: Hello all! This is an imagine/one-shot I'm writing for a contest from one of the incredible authors I consistently read on Wattpad. moviehead_always4 has opened this great opportunity and whether or not I win, I think it's a great idea so here I am.

Basic Entrance Form:
-Username: christevetay
-Character: Steve Rogers (Captain America)
-Way of entering: Book

Total word count (excluding into!): Around 2000 (I know it's over I'm really sorry I couldn't control myself!)

Now let's get on with the imagine:

So far, Christmas Eve was going just as planned. Except for, well, I hadn't really planned anything big.

My small apartment in Tribeca, Manhatten was decorated as best I could manage. Meaning a Christmas tree, my little fireplace working it's hardest to keep any flame alive, and some classic Christmas music playing as I finally finished mashing the potatoes, about to throw them in the pot.

"Jelly, would you please stop begging?" I asked looking down at my 7-year-old French Bulldog who was well aware he would not be getting any food. He just continued to look up at me with those big puppy dog eyes no humane person could resist. "Fine," I said, giving in. I reached and grabbed one of his doggy biscuits from the cookie jar I had on the countertop. "But no human food, for now." I reinstituted, as he sat preparing for his treat.

I tossed it to him and he waddled into the living room to start enjoying. I put the potatoes in the pot which was already on the stove and warming up. Right after pouring the mash in, I heard my phone buzz. I put the bowl in the sink and yanked my phone from the unreachable area I put in on the countertop.

"Hey," I said picking up the phone.

"Hey," Sam responded, "Just wanted to give you a heads up. We're about 20 minutes out from your place."

"Thanks," I said, "Wait. We're?" I wasn't expecting anyone more than Sam.

"Yeah, well, Steve had nowhere left to go so I, being my extremely compassionate self, invited him without you knowing." I could hear someone in the background saying, 'She doesn't know?' whom I assumed to be Steve.

"Sounds great!" I said, getting excited. "The more the merrier."

"See you in a few."

"Bye." I said pressing the hang-up button.

I had heard Sam talking about Steve in the past, and don't get me wrong he sounded like a nice guy, but I had never done research. Primarily because I'm not a stalker.

Anywho it was still exciting to know someone else would be here. It's a tradition for Sam and me to have Christmas Eve together. And no, we're not a couple. We're just a few pals who met in college and became friends instantly. Since neither of us has any family, we decided a few years back to get together every Christmas to celebrate it together.

Once I finished pulling the turkey out of the oven and removing the potatoes from the stove, I heard a ring at the front door, prompting Jelly to start barking his heart out. "Really?" I asked him. He continued his ritual, "You're a drama king."

I pushed him out of the way with my foot and opened the door to see a smiling sam with presents. And his mom's famous stuffing. "Sam!" I squealed.

"Jess!" he squealed back, trying to mimic me. I rolled my eyes and welcomed him and the stranger in.

"I'm Steve," The buff blonde said as he stuck out his hand.

"Jess," I said shaking it, "And welcome!" I said. He smiled.

I led the boys to the kitchen which looked out into the living room. Sam put the stuffing down along with the presents under the tree and next to mine. "Was I supposed to bring presents?" Steve asked, obviously getting nervous.