십삼

Taehyung awoke with a gasp falling from his chapped lips, sitting up abruptly in the bed he was currently laying on. He regretted it the same second because his mind was spinning, stomach protesting unbelievable loudly, roaring in pain and hunger. Colors boomed through his eyes, paining his tired mind with the intensity of them.

Taehyung leaned forward, blindly gripping onto his head and whimpering loudly, rocking back and forth so the pain would stop. Whenever he did it, the pain would stop or go back at least a bit and he hoped that it would succeed this time as well.

Droopy eyes were forbidding his eyes to see but Taehyung welcomed the soothing darkness, comforting him and lulling him like a lullaby sung by his mother to make him fall asleep.

He snuggled back into the comfort of the warm bed surrounding him, sighing in comfort since it was the most nicest underground he laid on for years. And therefore, he shot up in the bed again, eyes wide in terror and hectically looking around, not registering where he was.

The little brunet was terrified, believing Minho has taken him into his mansion, which he only did one time on Taehyung's birthday after Taehyung blacked out for entire three days because of malnutrizion.

"No no no", he whimpered scared, trying to find a way to hide. He didn't want to be anywhere near Minho and he feared that he has said something yesterday that made Minho think he would agree to his horrible demand. Or was it today? Taehyung didn't know how to say what day it was anymore.

He didn't know what date it was, only how many days he has spent in the asylum already, counting everyday and hoping that he'll either die first than agreeing to Minho or Minho would get tired of him by himself and let Taehyung get killed.

He had this hope for three years now.

"NO!", a soft, almost inaudible scream left his throat and Taehyung instantly regretted it because his throat was burning in pain and he tried to rush out of the room to get out of it this instant.

But he could only roll weakly to his side, flopping down onto the ground with a loud bang when his frail body hit the ground. A broken sob left his lips by this, pain blooming through his entire cell, mind screaming in pain, eyes blacking out for a second before Taehyung came back to live with a whimpering gasp of a plead on his abused lips.

He begged silently for someone to help him, names rolling over his tongues, names belonging to persons that could never help him. Persons who weren't alive anymore...

Except one.

But Taehyung didn't dare to speak out any louder, afraid this man would actually come.

Jeon Jeongguk, someone Taehyung was fascinated with but also afraid of. Another weak huff left his lips when he shakily got onto his knees, falling forward with a soft thud because his mind shortly blanked from his lack of everything...

But before Taehyung's mind could actually calm down, the door got slammed open again, a humming maid walked in, some blankets in her arms. .

"Oh my god!", she exclaimed shocked when she saw the little head peaking out from the side of the bed, innocent wide brown eyes looking at her scared.

"What the fuck- Oh go to hell Jeon, it was a head last time and now a complete boy? I'm so quitting this job", the young woman exclaimed. She was very pretty, Taehyung thought and he saw his brush drawing the little details on her face, long ebony hair falling down to her waist, pale skin making a contrast to it. "Hi there... um are you okay?", the girl asked hesitantly, dropping the fresh blankets onto the bed.

"I really don't want to hurt you or anything", she tried to speak to the boy who shyly moved away, looking away from her. He seemed like a lost scared puppy.

"My name's Seulgi, by the way... um if you wanna know", she introduced herself with a small smile and the little boy turned his head. Seulgi gasped, seeing the boy's abnormally thin and tired face, deep rings under his way too big eyes, lips too red and abused to be healthy.

"Taehyung", the simply word sounded so featherly, so broken, voice a mere whisper as if he didn't dare to speak up further. Or maybe he couldn't.

"You're so thin! No no no, if Jeongguk is keeping you here, then he's planning something bad for you. I'm so sick of him and his creepy games. Kidnapping little boys, tsk! He's really fucking insane, I can't with this man, such a creep and-"

"He's my soulmate", the tiny brunet suddenly exclaimed softly, looking up to her with large brown eyes. "He's your what?", the female stared shocked at the little boy who bowed his head, long locks falling into his eyes.

"My soulmate", the brunet whispered again, tilting his head to the side to expose the inked skin of his neck. Exposing the initials of Jeon Jeongguk.

"Damn", Seulgi said shocked, staring at the tiny boy, crouched down next to the bed, obviously being in pain. "Okay, how does that sound, I'm helping you to get downstairs and have someone to make you food. You're really thin and I guess Jeon doesn't want you to starve", she said and even managed to crack a smile.

His soulmate. Jeon Jeongguk had a soulmate. And Seulgi just sat right in front of Jeongguk's soulmate.

"Okay, c'mon, let me help you up", she said, moving towards the shy boy but Taehyung backed away.

"M-Minho? W-where is he?", the boy exclaimed through a weak pleading whimper, one thin arm coming forward to protect himself. Seulgi pitied him, not knowing who he meant sho she just shook her head.

"He's not here. You're in Jeon's mansion, so you're safe. Okay, bub?", the nickname slipped out before she could stop it, smiling encouraging at the shy beauty in front of her.

"R-really? S-safe?", Taehyung didn't dare to speak more words, throat incredibly sore from the endless years of torture and even though that he wasn't as tired as before, he was still incredibly hungry.

"H-hungry... f-food?", the shy words made Seulgi smile even more and she got up from her crouched position in front of Taehyung. "Of course. Let's go", she said, stretching out her hand for the scared boy to take it. Taehyung answered with a shy smile, his mouth felt weird while doing so, holding his thin hand out and Seulgi pulled him up. "Let's go, little one."

The shy brunet nodded his head before letting Seulgi helping him out of the room, clutching onto her hand while his legs wobbled, gripping onto the stairs before gnawing on his lip.

"C'mon, little one, you're doing just great, just one more step, yes perfect", Seulgi felt the need to praise him and the way his cheeks tinted a faint red gave her right. The urge to protect this little beautiful creature was huge.

"And you did it! Perfect, little one, now let me bring you to the kitchen. You must be so hungry", she smiled down at the brunet who looked up with doe eyes. He nodded shyly before letting her lead him to the kitchen.

And right when they entered the large, spacious room, they were greeted by a loud call of Taehyung's name.

"Oh my god! I can finally get the honor to meet you!"

~

Ela_koo