사십오

Taehyung and Jeongguk were standing hand in hand in front of the tall abandoned building. The brunet's heart felt heavy in his chest, watching with twisted emotions how the wind waved through his hair and inside the house.

His parents' house. His childhood home.

After three long years, he finally returned to the place which craved his past, his present and hopefully not his future. But this wasn't his home anymore, home was with Jeongguk now. And he would never want it t'to be another way.

"This is your house, Angel? It's pretty, large and quiet", Jeongguk said quietly, rubbing one rough thumb over the sensitive skin of Taehyung's palm while looking worried down to his slightly trembling soulmate. "Are you sure you wanna do this, Baby? We can still go home. Jimin could make you a warm soup and we can cuddle. It's not easy to take this all. I understand if you wanna leave", he said quietly, warming Taehyung's heart.

After leaving the basement, Jeongguk has left Taehyung in the protection of his brothers and Namjoon in order to shower and Seokjin has cuddled Taehyung in his arms, telling him to be careful. Taehyung after all hasn't been fully outside since his kidnapping from Minho, hasn't been away from Jeongguk's mansion and the world outside has gotten dangerous.

Men like Jeongguk were ruling now, dangerous men being on war with each other. And all over sat the governor, doing nothing for his people being destroyed by criminals and a clown prince who aimed for his power and crown. The governor maybe was even more hated than Jeongguk.

Taehyung didn't understand why Jeongguk was so feared, not when he understood his morals. But he would stay by Jeongguk's side no matter what. No matter the costs.

"I want to do this, Ggukie. And as long as you're by my side, I'm strong enough to face my past demons", Taehyung whispered lovingly towards his soulmate, breathing a kiss to his cheek.

"C'mon. I wanna show you my old home."

°°°

The house was beautiful. Even after three years where no one took care of its furniture or the garden, the mansion still looked majestic and Jeongguk could clearly imagine Taehyung running around the halls while playing, a happy teenager with loving parents and a safe household.

His heart was actually aching by the thought because Taehyung has lost all of this. All his pain was caused by one man, he was taken from his home without mercy, his parents killed right in front of his eyes. And all because a spoiled brat couldn't take 'no' as an answer.

"I can't believe you lived here. It's amazing", Jeongguk said astonished and Taehyung giggled by his words, noticing the longing way Jeongguk looked around. "It's just a house, Ggukie", Taehyung giggled out but noticed the way Jeongguk's mood darkened, a dangerous sign.

"Unlike you, my life wasn't filled with a loving family... even if this house is all empty, you can still feel the love here. It's in the air", Jeongguk made a spinning movement with his finger around him to clear his statement and Taehyung gulped when he saw the black eyes, quickly stepping forward and wrapping his arms around his soulmate.

"Your life is now filled with a loving family. With Hyungs that love you just the way you are. And with me. I love you, Jeongguk and I love you as you. It doesn't matter to me that people call you insane because I know your heart and I know you. These horrible people who treated you like dirt are gone", Taehyung said lovingly, Jeongguk breathing heavily before he calmed his screaming mind down.

"You're right. I have you now. And you will never leave me, right?", he asked. There was something vulnerable and raw in his voice, the eyes of a rejected child looking down at the little brunet and Taehyung's heart clenched tightly.

"Never, Ggukie."

°°°

Taehyung has decided to visit the garden, nervously gnawing on his bottom lip while he led Jeongguk towards the most historic part of the estate, twitching nervously. This was the place where his parents have died, where he was taken from his life, so brutally ripped apart from everything normal, thrown into the asylum.

It was the place where he has last seen the normal world before his life became dark. Until Jeongguk saved him.

"T-this is the place where... I last saw my parents", Taehyung choked out while tears threatened to run down his cheeks. "Everything's just like I remember", he whispered, letting go of Jeongguk's hand and stumbling forward, into the garden that changed his life.

He remembered sitting on the grass, reading a book or enjoying the sunlight until his mother would scold him for harming his skin, playing together with his father or enjoying the small lake in the back of the garden in the hottest summers, playing with friends.

This was the place of his childhood.

Taehyung heavily gasped, spinning around. There was something wrong. The garden looked too perfect, too good in shape to not be treated regularly. He knew about garden work, having helped his mother often enough. No one was allowed to come near her precious garden and especially her precious flowers she handled with care.

The same flowers still blossoming in a beet.

Pain suddenly flashed through his mind, red booming in front of his eyes and Taehyung screamed, bending down to soothe the pain somehow while grasping onto his head.

Jeongguk who has watched him from the garden entrance with crossed arms and a fond smile immediately heard his pained scream and ran.

But he was hit on the head and fell down to the ground while Taehyung was whimpering and sobbing on the ground, pictures flashing in front of his eyes while he held them closed so tightly he felt like blacking out.

Pictures of his parents dying in front of his eyes.

And when a shadow moved over him, he didn't have the power to look up.

"It's been a while, mi flor."

~

Minho's back! What are we thinking about this? Tell me your thoughts♡

Ela_koo