이십팔

Jeongguk's mind was still spinning once he re-entered his mansion again, the huge building having gone silent, after the night came upon them. It perfectly fit Jeongguk's mood. The man has always felt more connected to the dark secrets held by the night, darkness blooming in his own chest, just like the black, cold night.

Opposite now stood Taehyung with his swirling colors, head in the clouds and pretty, pretty smile. Jeongguk was the cold, unreachable moon, cold colors portraying his entire being, black of his hair, ink running over his milky white skin, craving it like paint a canvas, face pale and emotionless, black and white being his colors. While Taehyung was a rainbow of emotions, pink dust on his cheeks, red on his lush lips, sparkling brown glowing in his eyes, chocolate cascading over golden honey skin.

Jeongguk felt like death next to Taehyung's lively appearance which became more and more stunning the more time he spent time in the boy's presence. Taehyung was an art piece himself, filled to the brim with secrets, beautiful little expressions and feelings that made Jeongguk craving for more.

The love blossoming in his chest couldn't be stopped nor denied anymore, not even by Jeongguk's always restless and crazy mind. Just thinking about the little boy, his angel, immediately calmed Jeongguk, stopping his usual demeanor behavior and turning him... more... human.

There has once been a time Jeongguk would be terrified of these thoughts, he didn't like emotions or having any weakness, he loved being powerful and standing about human pulls and needs. But now, with Taehyung, he might be able to accept this... not so strong side of him.

It still needed time, Jeongguk was aware of it but then he laid his eyes on the heavenly creature displaced in his bed, cuddled in between the black sheets, and everything was forgotten. Taehyung's golden legs shone over the dark color, shadows being engulfed with golden honey, contrasting yet playing together as an irresistible sight for sore eyes. Jeongguk didn't want the tug on his heart when he saw the dried tears on the boy's exhausted and tired face.

He has cried... because of me... I saved him only to be worse than all the tormentors he previously had..., Jeongguk thought, the painful reminder of what he did made him snap once again, he couldn't stand seeing his gorgeous angel in pain, he already wanted to rip Minho's head off of his useless and predatory body.

The little brunet suddenly started to stir awake, soft glowing eyes fluttering open, black lashes laced with dried tears, fluffy locks messily falling down his forehead. A cute frown evident on his face when he tried to adjust his eyes to the looming darkness ruling over the room, finally spotting the dark figure of his soulmate in the middle of the room.

The two were only staring at each other, Jeongguk starting to grow more and more restless the more tired and pained features he took in of the other, the petite boy entangled in his sheets looking somehow vulnerable and safe the same time.

Jeongguk flinched away with a growl when Taehyung suddenly lifted his head, making a sound like a pained animal but Taehyung didn't let this stop him, letting his hand fall down with a thud onto the mattress, making a shy invite for Jeongguk to come over.

"D-do you... wanna cuddle...? Ggukie?", Taehyung shyly called out and Jeongguk unfroze from his position, large hands clenched into fists, ink colored fingers digging into pale skin. Neck veins growing more visible as he clenched his jaw, black eyes fixed on the defenseless, golden angel in front of him.

The sweet call of Taehyung's voice, luring him to come closer was enough for him. He couldn't have Taehyung. The gorgeous boy was an angel, lovely and innocent but he, he was a fucked up demon, not worthy the purity Taehyung displayed. He already hurt the fragile boy with his unpredictable behavior, he couldn't couldn't couldn't...

He couldn't hurt Taehyung, not when the boy deserved the entire world. So Jeongguk being Jeongguk, he did the only thing he always did when he found himself not worthy someone's love or fondness. He pushed them away.

"Who do you think you are?! Leave me alone! I don't need cha!", he yelled, glaring at Taehyung who didn't seem fazed at all. He instead patted the spot next to him more firmly.

"Don't be a dick and move your butt here", he grumbled, looking up to Jeongguk with his beautiful beautiful chocolate eyes.

"And I said I don't wanna!", Jeongguk growled, sounding utterly childish, expecting Taehyung to move away with fear but yet again, the boy managed to surprise him.

"Oh fuck you, Jeongguk! You need me as much as I need you!", he suddenly yelled and Jeongguk immediately stopped speaking up, looking at his pretty angel shocked. He never heard Taehyung yelling, the boy has only talked in a tenderly voice but now, hearing him this angry, voice cracking from the force of using it, he never wanted to upset the brunet ever again.

"Oh Ggukie... don't be so hard on yourself", Taehyung's voice has grown silent again, patting the spot next to him for a third time, and Jeongguk felt himself pulled towards Taehyung, not minding the connection they now seemed to share. He rested next to Taehyung, the boy turning over towards him, laying on his side, black sheets covering him as well as a large shirt, scooting closer until his little head rested on Jeongguk's chest.

The manic now didn't even intend on pushing Taehyung away.

"Can you even forgive me...? I'm mean, I'm a demon while you're an angel", Jeongguk started but Taehyung cupped his cheeks, silencing the maniac who suddenly looked very vulnerable to the brunet.

"I forgive you... because I know why you did it and I understand you... I'm afraid too", Taehyung whispered, making Jeongguk press him closer to his body, the brunet voicing out what was troubling Jeongguk.

"I'm not a good man, Taehyung. I killed and murdered people and ripped families apart. You're better off dead than being with me", Jeongguk whispered, voice almost as tender as Taehyung's, vulnerable.

The darkness engulfing them giving him the security of voicing out exactly what he was afraid off. He was afraid of falling for Taehyung when he wasn't truly worth his love. But Taehyung only laughed, a beautiful little giggle hanging in the air and lulling Jeongguk into warmth and the scent of his soulmate, laced with love.

"What if I prefer being with you than anything else? I know how it feels to be half dead and I rather stay with you for the rest of my life. I don't need you to be a good man. Just be yourself", a soft kiss was pressed right onto his beating heart and Jeongguk, once again, felt himself slowly falling for this beautiful and accepting human being.

His little angel he grew fond of.

~

Ela_koo