사십일

When Yoongi returned, he found the room silent, Taehyung silently crying in Jeongguk's arms and Jin kneeling on the ground in front of them, cupping Taehyung's face.

"Please don't cry... don't feel sad for me. I have a family and I am content with how my life is at the moment. And don't apologize for bringing up the topic. You are allowed to know", Jin said gently, wiping Taehyung's tears away who sniffed and sobbed silently.

"I-I'm so s-sorry Jinnie... you're so nice and I-I... can't imagine the pain you went through", the brunet whimpered, leaning forward to hug the surprised Jin who accepted the soft embrace of the cute male with an unsure smile thrown into Jeongguk's direction. The said man has clenched his jaw tightly, crazy mind spinning, the voice, same voice having screamed to kill Taehyung, now screamed to destroy Jin for touching his soulmate.

Even Jeongguk's demons have become possessive of the gorgeous beauty named Taehyung.

"Sh sh, don't apologize, bub. I'm fine, okay? No need to worry your pure heart", another sweet smile helped Taehyung to calm down before looking up to Jin. "I know the pain in your heart, Hyung and it cannot be replaced with anything in the world", Taehyung suddenly whispered. Jin looked taken aback, opening his mouth but silence left his lips.

"I saw it", the simply three words caused Jin to stumble back, looking at Taehyung shocked before running out of the room. Taehyung looked dazed, staring to the ground before looking up to Yoongi with wide doe eyes.

"Hyung, you will find your soulmate. You won't die lonely like you fear", the petite male exclaimed sincerely, shocking Yoongi to the core because how did Taehyung know his deepest anxiety? His mouth opened to speak but he couldn't say anything.

Jeongguk looked at his soulmate with wide eyes, lips parting. It felt like Taehyung just stole their breath, the air to breathe when he blurted out these secrets. A whimper of pain left his soft rosy lips.

"G-Ggukie- I f-feel weird", Taehyung mumbled before suddenly falling forward. He would've fallen if Jeongguk wasn't quick to catch him, the boy knocked out when the sudden darkness consumed him, boring headache forcing his limbs to grow weak.

"Angel-", was the last thing he heard before his eyes fluttered close and the screams of his past grew loud again.

•••

Hands gripped onto him, hands he wasn't able to pry off. Screams grew loud and faded into begging whispers, truth laced beneath ugly lies breezing over his face while he tried to escape the pundle of dirty words thrown at him.

Taehyung felt floating in hatred, love, lust, desire, emotions that weren't his own, forced onto him and helplessly accepting the war of emotions he experienced in his own body, trapped inside without a possible way to get out.

But then, he felt soothing fingers lingering like calming coldness over his body, a white drop in an ocean of darkness, a soft pink in angry red. And Taehyung instinctively calmed down, a sigh leaving his lips when he relaxed against the familiar touch.

Slowly fluttering his eyes open, he was met with the concerned eyes of Yoongi, Jeongguk holding his hand while he was raging, eyes as dark as the darkness previously corrupting Taehyung, hair messy, looking like a restless predator stalking around in the room.

"Hey Tae, you're finally awake", Seokjin said relieved, sitting next to Taehyung's head and the boy blinked, one, two, three times before realizing where he was. He was laying in a simply white bed beneath cotton sheets. He was in a hospital bed.

"J-Jin- Hyung w-what happened?", the brunet called out, tears already forming in his eyes. Jeongguk was quick to kneel besides Taehyung's bed, cupping his cheeks fondly and pushing every other person out of Taehyung's focus. The only thing that mattered now was Jeongguk.

Jeongguk who looked like he was ready to turn the world upside down for the health of Taehyung. Jeongguk who looked like he has just lost a part of himself. Jeongguk who looked devastated and anxious.

"Ggukie", Taehyung choked out, one single word and Jeongguk broke, claiming Taehyung's lips in a heated kiss before pressing their forehead together. "I was so worried", Jeongguk choked out, voice only meant to be heard by his soulmate.

"I was ready to set the entire world on fire because you wouldn't wake up... The thought of losing you almost brought me back to insanity", Jeongguk whispered, dark eyes gleaming with hidden madness.

"If you dare to leave me, I'll follow you. I'd follow you everywhere, Angel", Jeongguk breathed out heavily, pupils widening just by the mere thought of Taehyung leaving.

Funny, how he has promised himself at the beginning to use his soulmate, to not want one, a weakness. But now, Jeon Jeongguk has been brought to his knees just by the thought of his angel slightly hurt.

Taehyung quickly shook his head, cupping Jeongguk's face himself, pinky grazing over his initials. "I don't want to leave you, not now or ever... you're like the drug I got addicted to. I am nothing without you. Only something when I can feel you by my side", the brunet said sincerely, stroking Jeongguk's cheeks who eyed him wide eyed.

"We're fucked, Angel", Jeongguk then said, voice cracking at the end. "I'm so fucked for being so fucking in love with you but I don't care. Only your safety matters to me now."

"I am safe", Taehyung nodded, smiling at his soulmate he has grown to love so much. "Because you make sure I am", he said, kissing Jeongguk softly, a tender breathe of his love against red bitten lips.

"Love you, pretty Angel", Jeongguk murmured against his lips, returning the kiss.

When the two soulmates looked up, they were met with the speechless Yoongi and Jin who's jaws hung wide open.

~

Ela_koo

Ela_koo