이십육

Taehyung has finally woken up upon. He found himself snuggled into Jeongguk's side just when Yoongi has finished cutting Taehyung's new mullet, chocolate locks laying around the floor, locks that have been cut of.

Jeongguk was caressing Taehyung's freshly cut hair, smiling from how cute the little male looked, admiring his soft features. The little male finally didn't look so tired anymore which relieved him. He has finally admitted that there were feelings blossoming inside of his chest, and he truly had a hard time accepting this, he didn't like feelings and he especially didn't like having them himself...

The maniac still had a hard time accepting this change in his life, having a soulmate, a weakness now was something he didn't want to experience, didn't want to have. Jeongguk sometimes wanted to get rid of Taehyung immediately but he somehow couldn't... he wanted to but a part in him was screaming by this thought, wanting to destroy something, anything just so he wouldn't lose Taehyung...

"Jeonggukie, stop moving", Taehyung suddenly whined and pressed his face into Jeongguk's warm chest, making the man coo but stopped when he felt eyes on him, Yoongi secretly smiling at him before averting his eyes away from him.

"I'll go get someone to clean this up", Jin suddenly said, wanting to leave the two soulmates alone. Yoongi awkwardly coughed before he fixed Taehyung's hair, the little puppy looking at him with huge eyes while Jeongguk had his arms wrapped around his waist, pressing the petite male against his chest.

"Mine", he suddenly grumbled against Taehyung's neck when he saw how the mateless man looked at his soulmate, not liking it at all, because if Taehyung belonged to someone, it would be Jeongguk. "M-mhm, tickles", Taehyung whispered before falling into a fit of adorable giggles that warmed Jeongguk's heart.

A young maid, the one helping Taehyung for the first time, shyly knocked onto the door, Jeongguk snapping his head up with crazy looking eyes, the petite brunet on his lap cutely chewing on his lip while looking up to Seulgi.

The woman couldn't help but to coo at the adorable sight in front of her and she couldn't stop herself from opening her mouth to comment, a huge mistake she would realize just seconds after.
"You're so whipped", Seulgi exclaimed with a small laugh, daring to talk to her feared boss like that without realizing that this could cost her head, thinking she was safe because his soulmate was with the feared maniac.

Her words weren't meant to be offending but it hit Jeongguk's nerves. Suffocating his weak spot of his fear having a soulmate and being responsible for him. Making him feel weak, something he despised to feel, ever since of his childhood... his horrible, horrible childhood...

"I AM NOT!", Jeongguk snapped, screaming the words loudly. He suddenly pushed Taehyung off of his lap, the little male squeaking surprised. Yoongi by their side was quick to catch the boy who cried out in pain after the scissors Yoongi has used for his hair, accidentally sliced his soft cheek, hanging helplessly in Yoongi's arms and watching Jeongguk with big eyes.

The man now stood tall and intimidating in the middle of the room, nostrils flaring from anger and Taehyung in this moment saw a picture crossing in front of his eyes. Jeongguk, a younger version of himself, having the same expression on his face while his hands were covered in the velvety liquid of blood, running down his hands and dripping down the expensive floor. The picture was gone the same second, leaving the little brunet confused, cold and shaking.

"I don't need anyone, I'm good off at my own!", Jeongguk growled, ignoring his aching heart and not even sparing Taehyung another glance before storming out of the room, making Seulgi anxiously jump out of the way. Just when they thought, the unpredictable clown prince could be tamed, they were told otherwise.

"Good job, Seulgi. He was just about to let someone into his life. But you had to ruin it", the returning Jin snapped angrily at the poor maid before rushing over to the silently crying Taehyung.

"It wasn't my intention", she cried out, feeling miserable for causing the pretty male pain. "I just wanted to compliment him", she whimpered, Yoongi glaring at her while Jin inspected the long red cut on Taehyung's cheek.

"It doesn't need to get stitches, fortunately", he mumbled, caressing Taehyung's face. Broken sobs of Taehyung filled the room, he felt left alone and so so cold without Jeongguk... he has already started to let the maniac into his heart and now he was going to regret it...

Taehyung wanted to run after Jeongguk, hug his sadness away but something inside of him told him that this was meant to happen, Jeongguk was meant to snap at him or in particular like this, should've had days before but he didn't. What did Taehyung expect? That man was insane, a searched criminal with too many secrets and fucked up swirls in his mind. Taehyung wasn't sure if he could help Jeongguk with overcoming his fears and insecurities but he wanted to stay.

Even if Jeongguk tried to push him away, Taehyung will stay because Jeongguk started to believe in him and the brunet wanted to return mutual feelings to his soulmate.

"Sh sh, hey, let's get this treated, okay?", Yoongi gently shushed the still crying Taehyung and brought the trembling boy out of the room, helping him to walk.

Yoongi then brought the exhausted little brunet back into Jeongguk's and his now shared room, staying with the vulnerable boy by his request, only helping him to walk since Taehyung wanted to do it on his own, one hand resting on the brunet's frail back, encouraging him. Taehyung offered Yoongi a sweet but broken smile, Yoongi feeling warm inside by the cute gesture despise the knowledge of knowing Taehyung's struggles with such normal actions.

The little brunet soon enough fell asleep in Yoongi's arms, feeling somehow utterly protected and safe. The last thing he felt before drifting to sleep were Yoongi's lips on his hair.

~

Ela_koo