2

*Tessa Pov*

"Tessa, come to my dads trailer, now!" I hung the phone up and raced out of the house, I ran between trailers before seeing Jughead open his door and go under the caution tape. He saw me and I came to a sudden stop.

"What! What is it?" I shout as he beckoned me to follow him in, I did what I was asked and he slammed the door shut.

"Clifford Blossom killed himself last night after he was told that everyone knew what he did." Jughead announces and I yelled in frustration.

"FUCKING REDHEAD!" I screamed before panting slightly "he fucking—" I shut my eyes before sighing "—he's so stupid, what a fucking coward."

"You're not telling me something, Emerald, why the sudden anger towards Clifford Blossom?" Jughead asked me and I shook my head.

"I can't tell you, Jughead, it goes to my grave," I told him sternly, "all I need you to focus on is your father to get the hell out of jail." I said as I put my hands on his shoulders and made him look at me.

"Fine," he muttered as I placed my forehead on his.

"I need you to be safe, FP would kill me if I didn't keep you outta harms way. Can you stay out of trouble for me? Or at least call me?" I asked him.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll call you," he tells me and I smile.

"Good, let's get going," I said to him before patting his shoulder and grabbed my bag from the ground.

🐍🐍🐍

"Jug, how's your dad? Did you get in to see him?" Archie asked him as we all sat in the cafeteria eating our food.

"Here's the latest, Mayor McCoy wants my dad to name names in exchange for a lesser sentence." Jughead replies as we all listened into the conversation.

"What? Whose names?" I asked quickly and they all looked at me in surprise that I asked too quickly.

"The Serpents... Sheriff Keller thinks they're the ones dealing the drugs that Clifford Blossom brought into the town." Jughead answered and I felt my body tensing a little more, I'm hoping FP doesn't rat us out.

"My dad says more and more drugs are hitting the streets." Kevin piped up and I slowly breathed out.

"Kevin, relax, this isn't The Wire." I said with an eye roll, I was panicking now.

"My dad says they're not the ones dealing." Jughead muttered.

"And meanwhile, Mayor McCoy hasn't even said the words "Clifford" or "Blossom" in public. It's all about how the Serpents are the problem, the villains. This is outrageous." Betty shook her head as she took a sip from her drink, "I'm writing an article about this, and not just for The Blue and Gold, for The Register. This is a town story." Betty rambled, I glanced at Jughead and he rose an eyebrow before I looked away.

"Okay, as long as the article doesn't include my dad." Jughead said worriedly.

"No, it is going to be about your dad, Jug. It doesn't matter how many Jubilees Mayor McCoy throws, This town's changed! That needs to be acknowledged. Why are people so afraid of the truth?" Betty looks at him and then Jughead looked down before eating his burger.

"Speaking of the truth," Veronica stood up and I swear Archie looked fearful. "Archie and I wanted to tell you..."

"...We've kissed a couple of times." Archie told Betty and I whistled out as I looked away.

"It's okay, Vee. I appreciate you being honest with me, but I'm with Jughead now. If you guys want to be together, I'm happy for you." I was surprised, I thought she was absolutely in love with Archie, but I guess not.

"Thanks, Bee." Veronica said in relief.

"Thanks, Betty."

🐍🐍🐍

I walked into Archie's house in confusion since I was called in by Jughead, he sounded serious, "Umm... hello?" I shut the door and hung my jacket up as my heels clicked down the hallway. I came to a sudden stop as I saw the social worker.

"Hey! You made it," Fred hugs me and I awkwardly hugged Fred back.

"Hi, why am I here?" I asked and the social worker sighs while she motioned for me to sit down.

"There is a family on the Southside that's offered to foster the pair of you." She replied and Jughead looked at me as I slowly sat down.

"Why am I being fostered? I live by myself and I pay for my trailer without fail." I told her and she shook her head at me.

"You're underage, Tessa. They're good people, they've worked with us before." I just groaned as Jughead patted my back softly.

"That doesn't sound completely horrible, Tess," Jughead said to me and I just rolled my eyes.

"It does mean you'll both be in a different school district, Jughead, Tessa, and you'll have to transfer schools."

"Seriously?" I asked her excitedly.

"What the hell? When is all this supposed to happen?" Jughead asked her.

"The paperwork's been processed. Unless there is a radical change in your father's case, you'll be on the Southside by the end of the week, the both of you, as for you, Tessa, you'll be moving to their trailer until you come of age." My mouth was opened agape as I slowly smiled and then I squealed, I didn't care about the moving part, I cared about moving to Southside high.

"I get to go to school with my friends!" I chanted as I got off the chair and started dancing around with Jughead after I pulled him out of the chair.

🐍🐍🐍

"Fangs, my man! Guess what baby!" We did our handshake and I squealed excitedly.

"What's up?" He asked with a loud laugh as we went into the Whyte Wyrm and I grinned.

"Guess who's moving to Southside High!" I shout and they all look at me "ME!" I announced and all the teens cheered.

"No fucking way!" Fangs laughs as I nod my head as we hugged, "finally get to always be around and knock some heads, huh?"

"Fuck yeah!" I grinned as Sweet pea and Toni were grinning at me, Sweet pea lifted me up and I laughed as he chanted: "one of us, one of us!"

🐍🐍🐍

I've never been so excited for school before, I'm finally gonna be with my friends.... It's where I, Tessa Emerald belong.